NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of converting my GT to a 6 speed. What parts will I need to make this work? Also, if anyone has a 5 speed trans for 2000 and up celica for sale PM me with what you have. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
One other who has done the swap has said there is very little improvement in acceleration and ends up shifting more often. The only benefit will be improved gas mileage since 5th and 6th are overdrive.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
5th isnt overdrive....

Anyway, are you already a manual? If so, the only thing you will need is the tranny since everything else goes right together. If not, you are going to need a lot....maybe someone else can jump in here with this, but obviously you will need the tranny, clutch lines, clutch-brake-gas pedal assembly, manual shift box with shifter, linkages from the box to the tranny, manual ecu....i dont really know what else, but im sure im leaving stuff out.

off topic, but why is this in the forced induction/nitrous area anyway?

:moved:

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
What you need a 6 speed for? If you need a 6 speed, that means you race. If you race, get a turbo just like im doing and you'll kick ass better than just a six speed.

Im spending like 4500 in the next 2 weeks. im excited but im gonna be broke as ****.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
if you already have a 5 speed, then its just a simple swap. pull one out and install the other...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
140 GT said:
What you need a 6 speed for? If you need a 6 speed, that means you race. If you race, get a turbo just like im doing and you'll kick ass better than just a six speed.

Im spending like 4500 in the next 2 weeks. im excited but im gonna be broke as ****.
OMG you make yourself look more and more like a fvckin retard. Please, go to the bathroom and stick your head inside the toilet and flush it until you drown.

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
2kbluegts said:
OMG you make yourself look more and more like a fvckin retard. Please, go to the bathroom and stick your head inside the toilet and flush it until you drown.
Just to make you happy... :jerkoff:

Looks like he already has turbo... I made a mistake.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
140 GT said:

car is already turbod. i recently broke my tranny thats why im considering a 6spd swap. i got a price qoute from toyota for a GT complete tranny assembly for $2900. anyone know where i can find a GT-S tranny for a good deal?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hyperboost01 said:
you can start checkin ur local salvage yard... other than that check the "parts for sale" forums....
i cant find any locally here in hawaii, but i contacted monkeywrench racing and they said they have a low mile 6spd for $1000. im going to find out more about it and if everything is fine,i'm definitely buying it. thanks for the help though

·
Registered
340 Posts
5th and 6th are both overdrive from what I understand

I always thought anything with a ratio less than 1:1 is considered an overdrive gear. Both 4th and 5th are on a GTS.

1gear: 3.166:1
2gear: 2.050:1
3gear: 1.481:1
4gear: 1.166:1
5gear: 0.916:1
6gear: 0.725:1

Final: 4.529:1

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
2kbluegts said:
140 GT said:

1. If he keeps flushing, the water will go down and enable him to breathe, therefore he will not drown.

2. Shouldn't this be :moved: to another forum?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts