NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the 2 manual trannys are interchangeable, so if i were to get the 6 speed in my gt how much could it cut 1/4 mile times? 0-60 times? im assuming the acceleration would be a lot faster and would work great on the gt..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
drewd said:
so the 2 manual trannys are interchangeable, so if i were to get the 6 speed in my gt how much could it cut 1/4 mile times? 0-60 times? im assuming the acceleration would be a lot faster and would work great on the gt..

I am willing to bet that in 6th gear the RPMs will be lower on the highway, maybe increased gas mileage. There are benefits but how much time it will shave off, in a 1/4 mile I not sure.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
:moved:

Might actually lose acceleration since you'd be shifting more than on a 5 speed. You'd get better gas mileage, though.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone with the swap? im wondering if the gear ratios are smaller so that 1st gear goes quicker, or say im doing 40 mph and am in 3rd.. would the 6 speeds 3rd gear cause faster pickup for passing than the 5 speeds? also looking for engines... why is the vvt-i engine more expensive than the vvtl-i? makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i got the swap you BARELY notice anyting its just for high way driving. Do yourself a favor and trade for a GT-S if you want better power

·
Registered
951 Posts
I got the 6spd in a gt and I noticed that I am shifting more frequently. On the highway the rpm dropped about 500rpm. Going 80mph used to be 4k now it is 3.5k

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
HOMEP666 said:
I got the 6spd in a gt and I noticed that I am shifting more frequently. On the highway the rpm dropped about 500rpm. Going 80mph used to be 4k now it is 3.5k
2000 GT-S -- 22MPH/1000RPM in 6th
2001 MR2 -- 20MPH/1000RPM in 5th
Looks close to what you are getting.
dB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts