NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought an 03 celica gt. It's stock right now, but i just got $600 and im definately using it under the hood. what parts could i get for $600 that would give me the most horsepower gains?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Try a search. there will be alot of info. However, to get you started I would assume an exhaust and intake would be your best first mods powerwise. At least that's the case with a GT-S. A header might be another possibility. You should be able to get them both for under $600. Try ebay for the CAI (cold air intake) and do a search for best exhaust for the GT. TRD and TPR are both good for GTS but TRD may be a bit pricey. That should get you stated.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
The single mod that you can buy for under $600 that will give you the most gain is Nitrous. But it does stress your engine quite a bit and does need refilling. If I were you I would investigate getting whatever combination of intake, header, exhaust and engine management (possibly greddy emanage) that you want/can afford.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
GT's are just appearence only unless you turbo them

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Originally posted by smalls0501
Could you get the GT as fast as the GT-S N/a?
with N2O

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
smalls0501 said:
Could you get the GT as fast as the GT-S N/a?

This has been discussed, and that answer is not without FI or internal engine work. Which is currently not available.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
N/A2ZZ said:
give it to me
Or you can always donate money to "Buy G&G A Car Foundation". Think about the poor families without a car... your money will go into buying me.. AHEM.. them something to go around town with.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
dcmartin25 said:
I just recently bought an 03 celica gt. It's stock right now, but i just got $600 and im definately using it under the hood. what parts could i get for $600 that would give me the most horsepower gains?
Keep saving for the turbo :eatpop:

·
Registered
332 Posts
yes, the turbo kit is what you want. I can't decide whether to get the turbo now and hood/fenders/wing later or vise versa.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
eurotoyz said:
yes, the turbo kit is what you want. I can't decide whether to get the turbo now and hood/fenders/wing later or vise versa.
That depends of what you want more, if racing or looks ;)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Just save up for the SF turbo kit - its the best bang for the buck on the GTs hands down.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
i thought the xs was bad, it keeped breaking intake manifolds and ****, go for SF turbo, or C2Gas kit. its up 2 u, or u can always give me 600 so i can get my intake and exhaust ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.