NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got my 7" screen put into where my center console pocked used to be, a new deck (DEH-P8400MP), and I'm using my PS2 as my DVD player. It was done in a partial sponsorship by a shop called Mobile Audio Concept who's right down the street from our shop. I plan on painting it as soon as my Kaminari wing comes in. The piece is made out of the stock center console that has been re-fiberglassed with the mount for the 7" screen.

I would like to know how many people would be interested in this piece. We are just in the preliminary stages of trying to figure out how much it will be, but if the price was right we would like to know how many people would be interested so that we can order some of the stock pieces from the dealership and start making a few of them. We have already determined that we will need the core back from those who purchased the piece from us.

From what many of you know, I try to provide only quality products and I believe this is one of them. I wouldn't try to sell it if I didn't think it didn't look awesome in my own Celica. Please let me know if you are interested.

Check out the pictures in the link below. Just go to the "Audio_Video" folder to view the pictures.

Pictures Here

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
wus up rich, hey i'm interested in it if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for it. And by the way, how much would a 7 inch screen cost? how hard is it to hook up to a ps2 and what not. Let me know, thanks. :) good job by the way.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was actually very easy to install. Well I didn't do it but I've been talking to my installer and he said we can package everything you need to just to do everything I did. You just have to supply the PS2 which is what I did. They made the PS2 box so that it bolted right up under my dash. The power inverter is under my seat. We hooked up power of the inverter to the kill switch of my alarm so that it turns off when I arm my alarm.

We can also make it for smaller screens sizes. You just have to let us know what size you want. I will find out how much the screen itself.

Richard

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
nice deck:) i gots the same one

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i would like the box for the ps2 and i might be interested in the center console if its not to much. also does anyone know how much and where i can get a 7' screen?

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
console

here are a couple pics of some consoles that i've done. I charge a flat rate of $100 to modify your console to fit a tv. All you you have to do is provide the tv. Ebay is a great place to look.

7"

5.6"

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
i dont know about you guys. but i prefer the LCD Screen hiding away when its not in use. To me it looks cleaner. My 7" screen w/ built in dvd player was under 1000 bux.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
That 7" at the top sticks out a little TOO much, like its too top heavy. But just about anything is better than the stock cubby hole.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts