NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 6speed gt-s, i'm wondering if it's decently safe to squeeze w/ a 75 shot wet single fogger through my intake, not direct port. Has anyone tried this? ... thanks for you input.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
75shot on a GTS will turn your engine into soup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why do you say that? sorry, i'd like to know exactly why a GT-S motor supposedly can't handle a 50 shot, not just personal opinions

·
Registered
74 Posts
I guess i'll be making some 2003 vvtl-i soup in a month or so...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nitrous is only goin to hurt the motor as the same if you were to have a turbo! I asked this guy wit a rsx-s that squeez a 80 shot of nitrous, intake and slicks who also happen to hit 13.3! I asked how many times has he shot, well he told me he already went through 10 bottles!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the compression ratio on the RSX-S as high as or close to the GTS's?

By the way, on last Tuesday at Level Ten in New Jersey, I saw a nice blue RSX with a huge intercooler! I couldn't have a look under the hood cause it was high on a lift. I was told to watch upcoming issues of Sport Compact Car Mag for a detailed article. It was nice. I got to say that the huge 4X4 from Michigan with a 502 cu in, Weiand blower and two big Nitrous lines (1600 HP) was also very, very 'interesting'!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks. And as you say, if the engine can handle the power from XS Engineering's turbo, it'll probably take a 75 shot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
you've got to remember a few things...

1. A turbo at the same HP rating as a nitrous kit will NOT put as much strain on an engine. A turbo builds gradually...nitrous hits hard, instantly (stress on rods/crank)

2. The XS turbo makes much less torque than a nitrous kit...look at keyshawn's dyno...it only puts out 18x.xx ft/lbs. Try adding 90hp and even more torque (torque gains are usually more than HP gains in a nitrous setup) to your engine (130+80 or more = way more than the turbo)

3. Keyshawn's car was tuned with bigger injectors, power-fc, and so on...therefore his sh*t is much safer than just doing a nitrous setup, in relative terms (bec. neither are truely "safe").

4. The rsx-s has a lower compression ratio...11.5 and 11.0 may seem close, but in reality, when putting a fairly large amount of stress on the engine, over stock (which wasn't intended by toyota) you have to realize that 0.5:1 extra compression can be a big difference in reliability.

5. there is more that i am prob. not thinking of right now, bec. it is 3AM...but this should definitely be food or "soup" (for some of you) for thought. Just bec. someone else does it, may not mean YOU can do it and do it reliably. Honestly, 180+65 = 245 HP...you really don't need to put the 75 shot on there...that is in the 280's range of HP and that is A LOT on stock internals, think about it.

6. BE CAREFUL and GOOD LUCK.

Peace,

J

·
Registered
372 Posts
Also NX is rated at wheels and others like NOS are at the crank, I believe?!? It might depend on your kit as well....

·
Registered
95 Posts
VT GT,
Thanks a bunch. I will stay on the safe side also (50 shot max).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts