NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how’s it going everyone, I was curious if anyone had information on swapping a 6 speed into a 5th generation Celica. I think my car could use the increase in gear ratio as well as the 2nd overdrive.
Any information on this would be very helpful, I’m trying to compile a bit of knowledge of what I may need to do the swap. I would assume a different clutch and flywheel, but I think in terms of layout i think it would be possible.
Thanks,
Cuttyman9

·
Registered
908 Posts
It's the 5sfe if I remember correctly in my old GT-S. Anyways according to this theory...maybe/most likely? E153=camry and 5sfe=older camry, since the E153 fits the celica with custom axles/MWR kit; then it should be the same for the opposite. Overall you should have little modification to the transmission, except the axles. Not 100% on this theory. Maybe someone put input on this?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
your answer is no! 5th gen GT celicas in the US come with the 5S-FE which will NOT, absolutly NOT bolt up to the 6 speed. if you have an ST then it has the 7A-FE engine which uses a C series tranny. I believe the 6 speed will bolt up with some slight hole modifications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts