NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Celica GT, the front right has a clunk and i have spent hours trying to figure out what is causing it, it sounds like the sway bar link but i have replaced them and they are tight. i am at a loss for what it could be. It has Raceland coil overs in the front and i have used a pry bar on all the components and have had no luck. it leans to the left while driving and i believe the right is about 1/3-1/2 an inch taller than the left.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Brake pads loose in the calipers... calipers loose in their sliders...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am replacing the rear shoes and hardware along with front pads and rotors, hopefully that fixes it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do the D rubbers on the front sway bar. Where it is tagged in the middle.

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is also a common cause of clunking noises in the suspension. Found this in my 00 GTS this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update
im ordering the rubber bushings for the sway bar and i did the front brake pads and rotors (was not loose pads) was also doing the rear drums and the hardware kit did not come with the adjusters and the driver side was missing part of the adjuster (owner before me prolly tried to do something). will give an update when i do the rubber bushings and finish drum brakes

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a clunk for a long time over bumps would pull to the right, due to lack of time and motivation I dealt with it for a long time.... Last year I gave in and raised the car up to try and figure out what was wrong, so I moved my wheels to rule out any wheel bearing, control arm, or a loose wheel. I noticed the wheel would shift in any direction as well as the sway bar, on both wheels, so I swapped out endlinks and came to the realization that the right side endlink was loose. They may appear tight, but you will need either a wrench to hold an end, or a hex tool to hold the center of the endlink to actually tighten the nut. I would suggest you double check this first and best case it may resolve your issues, worst case its something else..

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should fix the height issue. If the diff is without a driver in then when you are in it will be even worse. Really effects handling.
Can you explain when it clunks? Turning, braking etc.
I had a broken engine mount. That drove nuts for a while.
What bushes do you have in?
Have you stripped the side down again? Not a big job and well worth it especially to find the lean. Mark the alignment cam bolts before you do so you can put it back the same alignment.
Other crazy thing i had once turned out to be a socket bouncing around the subframe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone,
Thanks for the help,
I fixed the clunk yesterday, it was the raceland coilovers i bought some ebay coilovers and now there is no clunk

Thanks
Zane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts