NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is this guy in the FS forum thats trying to sell his 03+ oem stock-hid headlights for $850 dollars.....does anyone this hes asking a little too much??

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
im not for sure on the price but they are the HID ones and they do go for a pretty penny cause they are diff than the 00-02 ones mainly cause the 00-02 arent HID and other odds and ends that tie into being HID. But, whats all included in the sale, the bulbs, HID Ballasts, light leveling system,

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i believe everything is included and its shipped out for that price too. it just seems to me that thats WAY too much for the stock-hid headlights considering ive seen them go on here for extremely cheaper than that.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
The design on the 03+ is much different than 00-02. The 03+ have a bigger bubble over the low beam due to the HID output also the metal reflector under the low beam is vented and there is much more to the headlight than just a plug in bulb like halogens. There are the HID bulbs ($$$) the ballasts ($$$) the leveler ($$$) the harness ($$$). All in all a much beter unit lol.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Ive seen them go for much more 850 ain't that bad

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know I wouldn't sell mine for under $1,000

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
^
See guys smart. those headlights are pretty priceless. only better set of headlights are the sportsM

·
00gts>03gts>04wrx>02wrx
3,741 Posts
The design on the 03+ is much different than 00-02. The 03+ have a bigger bubble over the low beam due to the HID output also the metal reflector under the low beam is vented and there is much more to the headlight than just a plug in bulb like halogens. There are the HID bulbs ($$$) the ballasts ($$$) the leveler ($$$) the harness ($$$). All in all a much beter unit lol.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
u dont NEED levelers, and a whole d2s kit can be bought for no more than $150
Exactly. Who the heck wants to buy dealership priced D2S HID kits? :faint:

You don't need the leveler to make them work, only if you want to make believe your Celica is an Acura/Lexus/BMW...

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
I just pointing out its about a $1000 if you bought all that goes with 03+ HID housings. Yea you could buy just the 03+ assymblys then get an aftermarket HID kit and spend maybe $500 a headlight then youll have 03+ HID headlights lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.