NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which car would have the edge in a straightline race? The stang is a good friend of mine's, as far as I know the only mod I think he's got is an intake system. I'm stock, but soon to have an AEM gen2 intake.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
i ran my friends fox body and it was stick and he had headers, something done with the gears and exhaust, i took him, so you should be able to take him, but your car is stock? so i dont know, if its for money then lol make sure u can take him, if its for fun, than who cares, just race

·
Registered
243 Posts
This makes me want to put my car back to stock or find another stock stang. Either low 14s in the past don't equal low14s now, or you guys don't talk about the ones that are outrunning you. There's no excuse for a 5.0 coupe or hatchback 5 speed with headers, gears and minor bolt-ons to not be in the 13s, and there's no way a stockish GT-S is running better than high 14s without a lot of weight removal.

The only problem with 5.0s is, even if you lose to people, they still won't believe that your stock.

As far as this race goes, it's too close to call. If they 5.0 is not a vert, and the tranny isn't worn out, and it isn't out of tune, and it has a good driver, depending on the year it was made and the list goes on and on, it should have a slight advantage in a 1/4 mile race, but a disadvantage in a race to higher speeds. Chances are, though, that one of the variables is not right, and the celica has the advantage. So, short and sweet: race and find out.

Chris

·
Registered
493 Posts
race him to 130...hehe then you will win...that can will be too scary to reach that speed

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I agree-my Mustang stock would have killed any bolt on Celica GTS. I wish it was still stock sometimes. It went 14.5 at 95MPH on it when it was brand new on radials. Of course I have had a few GTS try to run my stock looking stang on the highway-big mistake for them.

Tough to say-if the stang has gears and is in good shape you might be in some trouble. Race him and find out.
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Aris said:
race him to 130...hehe then you will win...that can will be too scary to reach that speed
dunno, mine was fine at 150+ on h rated tires.....
this was back before i didnt know much more than gas on the right, brake in the middle, and clutch on the left. im smarter than that now, and would do it on the ZR+Y rated tires (178mph) that im running currently

·
Registered
174 Posts
Fools, stang foxbody coupe 5.0 5 spd will rape any celica, few bolt ons for the stang and it will be in the 13s. Had a friend with a coupe and it ran 13s with bolt ons, but then again he can drive.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well me and my friend have decided to hold off on the race till the end of spring break... by then I'll have my generation 2 AEM CAI installed :)

I myself think it'll be a close race, we'll see what happens :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
TeamDOHC4point6 said:
Fools, stang foxbody coupe 5.0 5 spd will rape any celica, few bolt ons for the stang and it will be in the 13s. Had a friend with a coupe and it ran 13s with bolt ons, but then again he can drive.
Fool, he doesn't claim that it's a coupe, and he doesn't claim it's a 5 speed. So, before you make an ass of yourself by calling people names, go back and make sure you have your **** straight.

·
Registered
847 Posts
TeamDOHC4point6 said:
Yes it will, it'll be a rape, 5.0LX auto will get raped but almighty GTS. 5.0's with autos hatchback will be a sacrifice for the GTS' gods.
care to wager on that one?

most people around here run 15.0ish-15.2ish in thier stock GTSs
most people i know ran 14.9ish-15.3ish in thier fox 5.0 autos stock

we're going to have to find a strong GTS and a weak 93 5.0 auto for it to be anything close to a "rape"

but then again i forget how crappy the 5.0 is compared to the 4.6 :rolleyes: i mean, thats why there are tons of pushrod motors in the 6's and the fastest modular is struggiling its way into the 7's :rolleyes:

race the damn cars already so i can be proven right :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
LOL, you're so cruel with your snide remarks, the mod motors only been out for a decade compared to 40 yrs of the 5.0, so wsup with dat? I know this for certain, 5.0 that has high miles, is going to run weak, engines break down.

·
Registered
847 Posts
<-- 162k miles and still running stronger than most compared with similarly modded mustangs (most with ALOT less miles too)

the auto may be on the slushy side, especially after some serious mileage, but youre still racing a car with maybe 150fwhp. its NOT light enough to make up for its compared lack of power, nor is the mustang too heavy to squander its ~50rwhp advantage (nevermind the torque to further hide the weight)

it'll be close and one id like to see, but the mustang will NOT get "raped" :) tho it stands a decent chance to lose by a small margin

keep it up and ill keep up the snide remarks :) we've both said our peices multiple times (however ive backed mine up with some facts) and it doesnt need to continue until these two get off the bench and line 'em up :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
my money is on the GTS if the owner can stay in lift on the 1-2. since most can't, i'll give the nod to teh Mustang until 80mph.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey, ferrari wannabe that's a mustang
on your grill and not a nasty paint horse. The 5.0 is going to lose, it's stock w/K&N most likely, CAI GTS' run 160+ hp at the wheels. Dude, don't defend our brethren stang, it's going to lose.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.