NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after i get out from work,there's going to be a race. My friend has a 1997 6sp Formula with Borla exhaust,headers,K&N Intake..and more..i cant remember. Well last year he ran 13.2 but that was with stock tires , he had traction problems (245's), now the car has a set of 275's. Ted (my friend) loves imports but he couldnt afford a fast Supra or anything like that so he settled for cheap power. Bill a kid that we both hate has a 1996 bone stock 300ZX TT automatic which he got last month. ever since there has been all trash talk how his 300ZX takes on anything and that he smoked a 2002 Trans Am WS6 which i dont buy. They will race for $50 tonight and im sure the formula will take it. What do the stock 300ZX TT run....i heard 0-60 in 5.4s? With a good launch the formula should have no problem running 13 flat or get into high 12's because when we went to the track last year it was 85F and humid as hell. Well tell me guys what do you think...and tonight late or tomarrow i'll post the results up..maybe on vid...if not i can take pics of both cars.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Actually a turbo auto 300ZX TT is faster through the 1/8 mile because it can build boost while staging.
Stick 300ZX's in good air can run high 13s at 99-103MPH-autos trap less and run 14.0-14.5s. I think your friend will mop him up.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
that formula is going to RAPE the Z...no offense to our resident Z owner, but I'm losing more respect for those cars nearly everytime I see one race.

Can I get some money in on this bet? Mark me down $100 on the Formula.

·
Registered
159 Posts
XFactor95SupraT said:
that formula is going to RAPE the Z...no offense to our resident Z owner, but I'm losing more respect for those cars nearly everytime I see one race.

Can I get some money in on this bet? Mark me down $100 on the Formula.
:fawk: to the supra prick ;)

and yes the Firechicken will win, '96 Zs only had 280hp stock anyway. but even w/ 300hp it would still lose

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'll give the Z one thing...I would sure have had a faster car had I purchased a Z, I mean I've owned this car for like 2.5 years now, and I just payed it off. Look at me, I can't even fukin afford insurance on the thing hardly...but since I've already been through the worst of it (living in the back of my truck to keep my car) and it could never possibly get worse...I'll live with whatever sacrifices I have to make for my car...just imagine what I could have done with a $10,000 Z, with $12,000 in mods.

Bah, I like originality.

Oh and let me just say, the REASON I lose so much respect for Z's, isn't Nissan's fault, its a relatively fast car, but the aftermarket for them sucks so much balls that the first easily attainable upgraded fuel system just recently came out (I think)...maybe I'll be taught more respect for Z's in the future when I run across some single turbo'd, fuel upgraded Z.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You are exactly right.
The Z now that it has injectors can be made to go really fast. Biggest injectors for them were 550cc in the past:(. They still have crappy brakes and are a nightmare to work on but they can run make no mistake about it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, well sorry i didnt put the results up earlier (busy) The formula won with no problem. The Z had it in 1st gear because my friend couldn't get good traction but once he got it going he passed it no problem. I was not impressed with the Z, I drove a stock 94 Supra TT....and it pulled alot nicer that the Z. I'm not into american muscle but i love taking my friend's Formula for a cruise, t-tops and **** load of power :)......My favorite thing to do is come up on a turn and fish tail....i love doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts