NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was quite impressed with my little celica. raced a wrx sti the other night. pretty sure it was stock, well looked stock anyway. raced him from about second gear onwards, he couldnt pull away from me, i was pretty much infront the whole time, joys of taking of at 6000rpm :)

After that we pulled over and he said my cars pretty ****ing quick and very ****ing loud haha that coming from a wrx owner.

only mods i have is injen CAI, Kazuma style exhaust, rt615 semi slicks, and taken the spare wheel out.

·
Registered
788 Posts
ahhh what?...

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Not bad. Good kill. Drive safe!

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
wow...seriously people?? And there are people supporting this lol

91-93 mph trap car = 99-102 trap car???? really??

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
if it was a WRX.....then I say good job............if really an STI........:bs:

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
actually you could....if you can hang with a srt on more boost you can pull a stock STI pretty well. STi's are NOWHERE near fast....stock turbo they are finished at around 330 whp, in a 3200+ lb car.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I honestly don't think it could happen, I have driven both cars extensively and I call bullsh!t.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That couldn't of been an STI. An STI would of easily blown by you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
he never said from a dig tho

·
Registered
473 Posts
but its still hard to believe :gap:

·
Banned
7,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Anything is possible.... u could have been in second at 50 and he was probably in third.... or he started off very late. had it been an even start in the same gear he would have pulled on you. a wrx i believe not not an sti.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Wasn't and STi. Must have been just a WRX.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i think he started late...i've raced a wrx once from a roll and he started late and didnt catch up till 4th, so its possible...

·
Registered
91 Posts
My STI has not been stock for a long time :chuckles: I do remember that stock 60-100 rolling was not impressive. Anything can happen, I guess. I suppose it was a 2.0l WRX though. My 2004 WRX was slow on the hwy, but a fun car to drive in the city.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts