NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite kind of bacon and method of preparation. I've become very fond of Applewood bacon recently. The tangy sweetness of the meat is just wonderful. I like bacon very simple fried then eaten fresh. Not too chewy not too crispy. I've never had a bacon explosion, though I know I would devour it right up. Bacon wrapped around a filling of spiced sausage and crumbled bacon? Yes please. I also tend to drizzle honey on my bacon from time to time as well. Just thinking about and saying the word 'bacon' aloud makes my mouth salivate.

Apparently there was even a festival this week to celebrate bacon and all of it's glory.
http://www.blueribbonbaconfestival.com/

Bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips

Anyone who has watched Epic Meal Time will understand my obsession with bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips.

Discuss bacon. Go!

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Any bacon as long as it is burnt to a crunch.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I also bought my dog some bacon treats and they smell good enough for me to try.

·
FananaNanaFoFenny
4,279 Posts
2 bacon stories:

The best bacon I ever had was when I was visiting my best friend in Iowa last October. It was freaking DELISH.

One of the guys I work with just got a Boston Terrier puppy and named him Bacon Sizzle.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
I haven't dabbled very far into bacon, though my method of preparation is to slowly cook it on my seasoned cast iron skillet until it's still flexible, yet slightly crunchy.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
THIS:

THE ELVIS PANCAKE

Thick Slice Applewood smoked bacon (baked inside pancake), topped with bananas sauteed in honey butter & peanut butter!

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also bought my dog some bacon treats and they smell good enough for me to try.
Do it, but make a video of it and post it here for us :chuckles:

Thick Slice Applewood smoked bacon
Ahh yes. I see we have another Applewood smoked bacon fan here. :thumbup:

SunshineJenn03 said:
2 bacon stories:

The best bacon I ever had was when I was visiting my best friend in Iowa last October. It was freaking DELISH.

One of the guys I work with just got a Boston Terrier puppy and named him Bacon Sizzle.
Cool stories sis! :thumbup:

·
Registered
678 Posts
THIS:

THE ELVIS PANCAKE

Thick Slice Applewood smoked bacon (baked inside pancake), topped with bananas sauteed in honey butter & peanut butter!
:drool::drool::drool:

Thick cut applewood bacon is the way to go.. and avoid Oscar Meyer bacon.. does not compare with REAL bacon

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is what I truly wish to be. Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, everyone would be in love, oh everyone would be in love, everyone would be in love with me!

·
Registered
678 Posts
That is what I truly wish to be. Cause if I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, everyone would be in love, oh everyone would be in love, everyone would be in love with me!
So your basically saying you want to be a weiner that everyone loves to put in their mouth?

Thats cute :gay:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
NOT thick cut. Pan fried slowly to just the moment it is crispy and MELTS in the mouth.

Perfection.

But I'm will to experiment...

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Xc5wIpUenQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 20 of 136 Posts