NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Celica folks! I have a 2003 Celica Gt with A/C issues. My a/c light starting flashing a month ago, so I replaced the relay with a aftermarket, it will work for a cycle then go back to blowing warm air. I jumped the fuse block points for the AC relay and it works and stays cold 🥶❄, but the compressor will stay on and not cycle on and off. My question is how bad is it for the compressor to be on constantly and will it do damage to my system? Any advice or tips and tricks would be helpful.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
Check your refrigerant level.

Reactions: Kenpo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that was the next thing on the list, just going to add some freon and hope for the best! Thank you for responding

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks that was the next thing on the list, just going to add some freon and hope for the best! Thank you for responding
Also make sure you get the updated relay, since the original AC relay was recalled. You also got an aftermarket relay, which are well known for being junk more often than not. You can switch in your horn relay temporarily to confirm relay functionality, if it works fine again, then the relay is faulty. The OEM Part # is Toyota 90987-02028 or Denso 156700-3290, either one will work. I bought a working used one for $4, these updated relays aren't known for dying: OEM Toyota AC clutch fan relay 90987-02028 | eBay

Still check your refrigerant level though, I had the same exact issue as you, and after getting that fixed I found my level was low anyways.

Reactions: Kenpo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info and I will definitely post results later today if I can get the relay!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have an aircon not cooling, you need to change the compressor as soon as possible. Please take my word for it. Thus, your air conditioner may not work for a long time, but other parts may be damaged due to the incorrect functioning of the compressor, so it's better not to joke about this. As soon as possible, give it for repair and change the compressor and adjust the electronics. It is just my advice, and I want you not to pay a hefty amount in the future. But whether you will obey me, this is your right already :) I hope you will solve your problem and everything will be fine for you.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
Is the AC light blinking? Do you have the heat on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts