NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of taking it to the mechanic, but wondering if it's a easy fix so it'll save me some bucks for gas, lol. anyways, so i just recently got my car back a few months back. everything was working fine (besides the motor, lol) before i took it to my mechanic. so now i got the car running, my a/c doesn't work anymore. anyone know of what it can be and if it's something that a regular joe can do at home? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
i think the a/c will not work if there is too little or too high pressure in the lines. so check the low pressure side with a gauge first. and it might just need recharging or new compressor.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
Make sure the compressor is connected. They may have disconnected it when working on it (depending on what you had done).

·
Registered
722 Posts
Is it blowing any air out? If it is blowing out air, but it isnt cold, then you need to recharge your a/c. If they did motor work on it, they may have taken out the hoses, releasing all the fryon, and left it like that.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it blowing any air out? If it is blowing out air, but it isnt cold, then you need to recharge your a/c. If they did motor work on it, they may have taken out the hoses, releasing all the fryon, and left it like that.
yeah, it's blowing out air, just not cold at all. how do i recharge the a/c? would it just be better to replace it? how can i determine if there's fryon in it or not?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
check to see if you have any pressure in your system, i think you an get a pressure tester at napa for under $50. its best to take it back to the people who did the motor, assuming they work on air conditioning. if the compressor is still plugged in, and your fuse is good, you may have a leak somewhere. take it to a shop so they can perform a vacuum test. if its leaking, theres no point in throwing r-134a into it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
yea like they all said check to see if your compressor has power to it or even if its connected. if it is and it still isn't engaging then check your pressure with gauges. might have to little. if you don't have enough the compressor will save itself and not work. then you'll have to pull a vacuum there you'll have to get a shop unless you buy a vacuum machine. if it holds a vacuum then you have to pressurize the system. we usually use nitrogen bring it up to 300psi never above 350 and shoot all your lines and connections with soapy water. if it still holds charge the system with the recommended amount and introduce dye into the system. check it in a few weeks with a black light and super secret glasses and you may find your leak.

sometimes a/c systems will leak only under pressure and sometimes they leak under a vacuum. and sometimes they only leak while being in use. its kinda a pain in the ass. a hit and miss sorta deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.