NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chronic Celica Owner
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I searched and could not find the answer, so here is the question. What is the best low and high side pressure for OUR cars (celicas) air cond.? I know what the proper range is supposed to be, but mine sucks as$ and it takes about 15 min at 40+ mph to even start to cool off, so I want to cure it fast.

I don't know the correct required amount either, but have access to everything I need to remove it all and fill with the best recommended amount.

I have tried every different trick I could possibly imagine to help it cool off sooner, i.e. : partially opening the sun roof and setting to fresh air, driving with windows partially opened for a few min, completely opening all the windows and sunroof, etc. you name it.

I have noticed it gets real cool every time the electric fan comes on when stopped at the light. In all my other cars the ac made the electric fan STAY on but in this one the fan is on and off every few min. WTF is that for? It must be pressure actuated on the high pressure side I'm guessing. So maybe a little more freon is all it needs to cure it....... any positive experiences anyone??

·
Chronic Celica Owner
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will thanks, and i know this wasnt exactly the best place to post it, but one of the search results showed a statement by another member who said "look in the Florida forum about air conditioning, they have a big discussion about it already". And of course I could not find the discussion here so i made my own.... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.