NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There isn't such a clutch for the C60 because gears quickly start to fail once you start getting much above stock. You'll need to do an E153 swap.

I'm also extremely (EXTREMELY) dubious about you putting down 1000 hp. Best of luck. The highest WHP so far is 823.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=304637&page=6
Thanks for the help. So you don't think the Kaaz gear set or the Jubu racing helical gear set will hold up, from MWR?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
No, they won't.

Just out of curiosity, how are you planning to hit 1000hp/800tq on a 2zz?

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So how much power can I make on the c60 transmission and which clutch can handle the most power for it? How much can the Clutchmasters Multiplate Clutch/Flywheel FX600 and FX700 handle?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's a good answer to all your questions.

Enough power that you will NOT be making. You sound like a teenager trying to make hypotheticals seem like their own reality using the internet.

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a good answer to all your questions.

Enough power that you will NOT be making. You sound like a teenager trying to make hypotheticals seem like their own reality using the internet.
It is reality, so I don't see what the fuss is about, Kid.

·
2zz
566 Posts
Well here is a better answer than calling you a teenager
from what I have read the c60 won't hold past 400 no matter what. Also for hitting 1000 hp wish you the best of luck on that, the highest hp 2zz was at 823 by mwr and they are the go to spot for the 2zz performance needs. But go for it!

·
Celica GT-S Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well here is a better answer than calling you a teenager
from what I have read the c60 won't hold past 400 no matter what. Also for hitting 1000 hp wish you the best of luck on that, the highest hp 2zz was at 823 by mwr and they are the go to spot for the 2zz performance needs. But go for it!

Well here's what Smaay said to another guy...
something wrong with the ones you have? They already are heavy duty, I have hundreds of passes making WAY more power than you down the strip and never broke one
you are doing something wrong! i raced my car with over 500HP and never had an issue.

LEARN HOW TO DRIVE
They also mentioned how polyurethane bushings for the control arms and so forth help a lot with the axles....So it can indeed handle more than 400HP

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
lol at this thread. Sometimes there's realistic planning for the future and then there's fantasy talk of 1000hp celicas using c60 gear boxes.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
obviously he hasn't done any research and doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. 1000whp, yeah right, 550 whp, give me a break.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Wow.... this guy is hilarious. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.