NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I own a GT-S.
The first race was against a ford thunderbird which said LX on the back, but I know it had an exhaust. (looked like a 90's model, who knows for sure) We raced from about 4k rpm in 5k rpm in third and by the time I hit lift he had a car on me. By the end of lift I had come back to about his driver door and I believe would have overtaken him, but he shut down. Whats this thing have in it, seemed pretty damn quick.

Second race was against an older honda, who know what model. Anyways we raced from a stop through 2nd gear lift and he got me by a car and a half or so. (could hear an intake) Then we went from about 4k rpm in 3rd gear and by the end of lift he had about 3-4 cars on me easily. Wow, was I suprised, anyway I talked with the guy after the first race yelling back and forth out the windows, he said he had an "si" engine swap and was running about 220 hp. It sure showed, for an older honda I was walked.

Both were fun races, win or lose it nice to see what the car can do.

CF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Nice Deaths.

The thunderbird was most likely the SuperCharged version. It was good for high 14's low 15's.

Also, The Civic had to have had the b16. Thats the SI engine. Now 220 HP? I think he would have walked you worse.

What kind of body was it? 4 door? 2 door? 2 door hatch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Nice Deaths.

The thunderbird was most likely the SuperCharged version. It was good for high 14's low 15's.

Also, The Civic had to have had the b16. Thats the SI engine. Now 220 HP? I think he would have walked you worse.

What kind of body was it? 4 door? 2 door? 2 door hatch?
supercharged?... im sure ive seen the old thunderbirds Turbo'd, but not Sc'ed, yeah you would have taken it on the long run Coldfuzion.. stop racing cars with torque from a dig, do rolls!!! ahahha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Nice Deaths.

The thunderbird was most likely the SuperCharged version. It was good for high 14's low 15's.

Unless the driver of the Thunderbird rebadged it as an LX, the supercharged V6 only came in the SC (super coupe) model. It could have been either the V8 5.0 or the V8 4.6. I doubt it was the regular V6 because it only put out 145 hp max.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Originally posted by ColdFuzion
First off I own a GT-S.

We raced from about 4k rpm in 5k rpm in third and by the time I hit lift he had a car on me.

Then we went from about 4k rpm in 3rd gear and by the end of lift he had about 3-4 cars on me easily.
CF
You should have been near 6k Rpms....starting at 4k in 3rd gear would take awhile to hit lift....should have put it in second gear..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by CelicaGTSRacer
You should have been near 6k Rpms....starting at 4k in 3rd gear would take awhile to hit lift....should have put it in second gear..
:werd:

Originally posted by Adam_TRD
Unless the driver of the Thunderbird rebadged it as an LX, the supercharged V6 only came in the SC (super coupe) model. It could have been either the V8 5.0 or the V8 4.6. I doubt it was the regular V6 because it only put out 145 hp max.
:werd:

Originally posted by Kuz
i would be embarrassed... but thanks for sharing... :gap:
so basically...

:werd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Originally posted by Adam_TRD
Unless the driver of the Thunderbird rebadged it as an LX, the supercharged V6 only came in the SC (super coupe) model. It could have been either the V8 5.0 or the V8 4.6. I doubt it was the regular V6 because it only put out 145 hp max.
I have seen a 3.8 n/a tbird with shift kit, 3.73 gears, power pullys, aluminum roller rockers, dual exhaust and a home made air intake destroy a 5.0 the same body style... some great ownage lol.... funny sounding car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Liqquid
I have seen a 3.8 n/a tbird with shift kit, 3.73 gears, power pullys, aluminum roller rockers, dual exhaust and a home made air intake destroy a 5.0 the same body style... some great ownage lol.... funny sounding car.
The real T-Birds were the SC'd ones. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
The real T-Birds were the SC'd ones. :)
yes, I know... to tell you truth the car I described was my dad's... he had wanted a supercoupe (S/C/ tbird) but never had the chance to get one... but I always wondered with everthing he had done to his what the outcome would be. gearing is such a big part of it, and he had that covered.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
I had an 86 Cougar(same as T Bird) with the 3.8 - biggest hunk of sh*t I ever owned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
nice death.....some guy in a black T-bird was messing with me....we never really got a good race but its quick.

just a lil curious wat abt those Taurus SHOs, Contour SVTs and T-birds...whats the spec. on them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
I had an 86 Cougar(same as T Bird) with the 3.8 - biggest hunk of sh*t I ever owned.
yea no doubt there.... my dad's was an 89, a lil bit better, but the wiring in those things is hideous... you could find 3 of those cars and have 3 differant wiring colors.... and they always ended up with shorts in the door locks, windows or power seats, plus it was iron block/aluminum heads... always blowing head gaskets :thumbdown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by ItLooksFast
nice death.....some guy in a black T-bird was messing with me....we never really got a good race but its quick.

just a lil curious wat abt those Taurus SHOs, Contour SVTs and T-birds...whats the spec. on them?

Contour SVT = crap.

T-birs (new ones) Not too bad.

Ford Tarus Sho is very decent. Yamaha helped out with that engine as well.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
Liqquid said:
yea no doubt there.... my dad's was an 89, a lil bit better, but the wiring in those things is hideous... you could find 3 of those cars and have 3 differant wiring colors.... and they always ended up with shorts in the door locks, windows or power seats, plus it was iron block/aluminum heads... always blowing head gaskets :thumbdown
The head on the right bank of mine cracked - poured so much water into the cylinder so fast that it liteally blew the spark plug out of the engine. Engine, transmisison, and brakes all failed within 4000 miles of purchase

I really hated that car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
The head on the right bank of mine cracked - poured so much water into the cylinder so fast that it liteally blew the spark plug out of the engine. Engine, transmisison, and brakes all failed within 4000 miles of purchase

I really hated that car.
Ahhhhh... Thats ford quality for you.


Fixed Or Repaired Daily
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
Found On Road Dead

Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
No no no no, you guys got it all wrong!!!

you spell it backwards, see....

Driver

Returns

On

Foot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Liqquid
No no no no, you guys got it all wrong!!!

you spell it backwards, see....

Driver

Returns

On

Foot
:rofl:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top