NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^Nah, there's 19 views that means ppl are attracted by the title. :gap: but I think none of those really knows the answers because I searched and couldn't find the answer on here.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
Relay Locations.pdf

M/HTR is for Mirror Heaters. Not USDM available.

For testing a relay, see: http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

The relay you're most likey to have trouble with is the MG/C Relay for the A/C magnetic clutch on the compressor.

Is the compressor running or attempting to run? Have you tested the refrigerant pressure?

I suspect that the Horn Relay is the 27. What did you swap it with?

·
Registered
953 Posts
It got pretty hot yesterday so I blasted my a/c and it was cold ! sorry.. I have a 2000 gt-s, what year is yours? maybe thats the problem

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Relay Locations.pdf

M/HTR is for Mirror Heaters. Not USDM available.

For testing a relay, see: http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm

The relay you're most likey to have trouble with is the MG/C Relay for the A/C magnetic clutch on the compressor.

Is the compressor running or attempting to run? Have you tested the refrigerant pressure?

I suspect that the Horn Relay is the 27. What did you swap it with?
Finally in 25 views I get a helpful answer. Thank you so much 2way. I don't know if my A/C compressor runs or attempts to run because when I turn my A/C on, the A/C light only stays on solid for a second then it blinks. When it is on solid, I can't hear the compressor kicks in but there is a RPM drop and I hear a noise like something is leaking from the A/C system (it's a noise like when you intentionally press on the valve stem to release the air from the tire). And yes, I test the refrigerant pressure and it's in full range (but when I tried to press on the valve stem to release some freon (I know it's illegal and harmful for environment but w/e), I can't feel cold air coming out from the valve. Does that indicate anything? And what does the clear window at the high port do?
I swapped the MAG/C relay with the horn relay, and then the IG2 relay. And now I don't know which is which because there are two 3B:25 relays and one 3B:27 relay. Could anyone please take a look at their ORIGINAL MAG/C relay and horn relay and confirm which one is which? Thank you so much!

It got pretty hot yesterday so I blasted my a/c and it was cold ! sorry.. I have a 2000 gt-s, what year is yours? maybe thats the problem
I don't get what you're trying to say. What did you do with your A/C? I have a 2000GTS also.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
but when I tried to press on the valve stem to release some freon (I know it's illegal and harmful for environment but w/e), I can't feel cold air coming out from the valve. Does that indicate anything?
That's on the warm/low side. You would get pressure release & oil if you press that valve.

And what does the clear window at the high port do?
For viewing the refrigerant stream. Checking for bubbles.

And yes, I test the refrigerant pressure and it's in full range
It could be overcharged. In an overcharge situation, your RPM will get severely knocked back when the compressor kicks on. Even when not @ idle. Very noticeable thing. Normally, it should idle up by about 100RPM when the compressor runs.

Have you charged it recently?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^Now I don't know what the problem might be. Because I haven't used the A/C since I bought the car (I remember it worked when I tested it before buying the car). But yesterday, I turned it on for the first time and there was only hot/warm air coming out and the A/C light blinks. So I thought it was low on freon and when to auto parts store to buy A/C recharge kit and tested the pressure. It was a little low so I charged it up to a proper level. And the damn thing just won't work. I then switched the relays around, released the pressure from low valve to zero then recharged it to proper level again but it just wouldn't work.
The thing is, I think our A/C system takes at least 1 or 2 lbs of refrigerant but mine goes from zero to full in just only .... not even half a can of refrigerant. I seriously need help now. The cheapest A/C service I can find in my area is $90.00 + tax. HELP!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.