NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way back to work last night and stopped at a red light. A car pulls beside me and revs his engine a little bit. So im sitting in my 01 Celi GT thinking hmmm i can take him, dont recall what car it was something i could have taken easy. Well as the light turns green he takes off and i think about gunning it when i notice a few seconds earlier a car pulls out of a gas station in front of us and decides he wants the LHL. 3 lane road, im in the middle, the kids in the LHL. So i just let the kid run and just go forward normally. 3 seconds later the person who turned is in the LHL and the kid is in the turning lane in the middle of the road. Had i decided to gun it and not pay attention to what was going on, either
A) i would have hit the guy crossing the entire road
B) Avoided the guy crossing and hit the kid
C) Avoided the guy and hit someone in the RHL or
D) slammed on my breaks and got rear ended

Moral of the story, if you street race pay attention, and if its not on a clear road at 2 or 3am dont do it because idiots who dont pay attention to oncoming traffic are everywhere, especially in Memphis Tenn.

Just thought id share

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Yeah one night I watched an integra and a 94 taurus line em up..hahaha. Anyways I was right behind the taurus at the light, and as it was turning green a cop pulled up beside me. Almost the moment he pulled up those other two took off and made it about 30 feet before he was pullin em over.

Good thing i didnt go for the ol' passin on the shoulder move trying to get both of em. I wasn't even wanting to race, but hell it was the funniest **** i had seen all week.

·
Registered
267 Posts
even at 2am **** could still go wrong some drunk ass pull out in front of you or something. its never 100% safe no matter where you are

1 - 8 of 8 Posts