NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my celica a couple days ago - a 2000 vvtli (think you guys call them gts - the 190).

I had never even test drove one before, but i saw one i liked on the internet and jumped on a plane to London to go check it out. I was over the moon with it, so struck a deal with the cockney geezer and set off on the long journey back home to Glasgow (400 miles or so). Thing is, it wasnt a long journey at all, i loved every minute of it. Smashing car, absolutely solid.

I do have one reservation though - the lift kicks in waaaay too late in the rev range (im talking bout celicas in general and not a fault with my car). 6200 rpm? No way man, thats not useable power! Especially not if you have to rev the tits off to find it.

In my mind, if ive paid a little more for the car with the extra horsepower i want to be able to exhibit it without the need to look (and sound) like your trying so damn hard.

This aside, im completely over the moon with my purchase, and not ashamed to admit that its the best car ive ever owned.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
PFC can change your lift kick-in point to a lower RPM. But you'd want other mods first so you don't have to keep paying to have it re-tuned

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
welcome and congrats. as for the lift issue. there have been attempts to lower it and i belive anyhting lower then 6000 u actually loose power overall :( oh well, it makes a loud ass noise ;)

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,528 Posts
Ay laddie, welcome aboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts