NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st order of business: I am an automatic gt

2nd order of business: I am totally and utterably ashamed of posting this but... on friday evening - One Cocky WRX with a Greddy exhaust, carrying Three - 3 - III! people had it's ass slaped back in it's face.

Yes it was totally unfair, thats like a 375lb handicap - but he shoulda known better- then trying to start shiet and show off with friends in his car.

For me being an at gt, this is a humerous personal victory... Yeah at that "first encounter light", I declined at reving back at him - but he still peeled out from light to light to light... and again to the next light.

So we finally turn on to Kirkman Rd from Colonial- and I overtake him - which pissed-him-off. We get to a Set of Red(s) - And I do everything you could possibly do to better your chances in an auto- Brake torque- pull heat off the engine- heater on- windows up- O/D off in early gears, then back on in higher gears.

All before the first light changes- I'm thinkin to myself - everyone on the forum knows I'm gonna get toasted, I know I'm gonna get smoked, why am I even trying...?

We go through every single light setting them off prematurely just as we barely enter the intersection. I turned down the music just so I could hear his spooling up and his shifting when I thought he was gonna blow by me...

My ears honestly tell me I don't think this guy knew what he was doing- He would shift, pull a stroller length ahead of me - and just fade away in my wake - another shift and there he'd go again... I felt so cheap - but yet so damn good too. lol 3 passengers- what was he thinkin'

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I dont think that guy knew how to drive but regardless, good kill!

·
Registered
109 Posts
.............ive taken down every wrx i have faced........people don't give enough credit to our cars

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I hope all those WRX's you took down were autos and on the hwy. I can take very lightly moded ones on the highway and get pulled on till 85-95 from a stop. Not to be cocky, but I have one the faster GT-S's on this entire board.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
i've only ran 1 wrx, and it was from a roll. 10-15mph to about 80ish. the wrx was stock, and i was just barely pulling on him. we end'd with me just about 3/4 of a car ahead.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
EzRidA said:
I hope all those WRX's you took down were autos and on the hwy. I can take very lightly moded ones on the highway and get pulled on till 85-95 from a stop. Not to be cocky, but I have one the faster GT-S's on this entire board.
gawd ur so cocky :chuckles:

j/p ur right.. its not about givin enough credit to the car or not, its just simple facts, turbo AWD 227+ hp VS. n/a fwd 140 hp.. theres just no way.. unless the GT is sprayin..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts