NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
22,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new classified system is here which boasts new features such as...

Benefits for buyers:

* Improved marketplace security
* Seller screening
* Tools to sort, filter, and search the marketplace
* Photo gallery of marketplace items
* The ability to purchase with your favorite credit or debit card

Benefits for sellers:

* Simplified listing creation and photo uploading tools
* Payment collection and verification
* A visually stunning gallery to showcase your items
* Email alerts
* Enhanced exposure and promotional options

You can use the new tools for free. If you choose to use the new payment processing tools, there is a flat 4% final value fee. For example, if you list an item for $100, you will receive $96. Again, you can opt out of this premium service. The fee goes toward covering credit card interchange fees, customer service, and general support of the community.

Learn more about the new buyer benefits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpJ7kQ0knA

Learn more about the new seller benefits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLM4l3jEtAk

·
Registered
32 Posts
One problem I noticed is it requires putting in a shipping cost when selling an item...there is no way to know that until you have buyers zip code ... I have some items that I tried to list but couldnt get around this glitch... Am I missing something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
One problem I noticed is it requires putting in a shipping cost when selling an item...there is no way to know that until you have buyers zip code ... I have some items that I tried to list but couldnt get around this glitch... Am I missing something?
You are correct. The current version of the Celica marketplace requires you to assign a flat shipping cost to your listing. A dynamic shipping calculator is coming in ~3 months. It is on the product roadmap.

In the meantime:

Suggestion 1) List a shipping price that would cover most locations.
Suggestion 2) If your item sells to a buyer who is very expensive to ship to, you can refund the buyer or collect a shipping surcharge from the buyer before completing the transaction.
Suggestion 3) Bake a shipping cost into your listing price and advertise the item as $0 shipping.

Thanks for your patience while we deploy a shipping calculator and many other features to the NewCelica marketplace.

Please keep the questions and feedback coming.

-Chad
NewCelica Marketplace Support Team Member

·
Registered
32 Posts
Edit: What happens when you have items that you're not looking for a set price for? I'm looking to make a sale and im willing to take any offers.
I had this same issue...why not remove the requirement to put in a shipping price? Even with a shipping calculator I would still need a zip code...and the item is just being listed...not sold yet

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
I had this same issue...why not remove the requirement to put in a shipping price? Even with a shipping calculator I would still need a zip code...and the item is just being listed...not sold yet
Yes i concur, remove shipping requirement and also make best offer sales possible.

or at least allow for normal F/S threads until the system is a little more ironed out.

My 2 cents :shrugs:

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
Agreed why not go back to the way it was until they come up with a better system...
Not sure, I'm sure this is a dry-run for what will be the eventuality of sales on NC.org but for right now it's kind of inconvenient.

I cant figure out how to bypass this new system. I'm not creating another new account to sell things
It's giving me problems too, And I'm waiting to sell things :/: You getting jammed up on the email portion?

·
Registered
15 Posts
http://postimg.org/image/830khf14d/

Having the above issue when trying to route to Panjo through NC.org

please advise.

Edit: What happens when you have items that you're not looking for a set price for? I'm looking to make a sale and im willing to take any offers.
Sorry to hear about the connection issue. I see you are on a PC. What browser are you using? In the meantime:
1. Quit your browser
2. Head to: http://www.newcelica.org/forums/classifieds.php
3. Click "Sell an item"
4. Attempt to connect your account

Next topic: If you have items to sell and you don't have a set price for the items, there is an "OBO" feature built into the marketplace. Follow these steps:
1. List an item for sale
2. In step 2 of 4 there are some "Optional" options.

3. Check "Best Offer. I will consider offers from buyers."

The system will add a link to your listing that allows a buyer to submit an offer for your item. That same system allows you to quickly and easily send the prospective buyer a checkout page for the item with a price that you mutually agree upon.

Example:
You list an item for $100. You opt into accepting 'best offers.' A buyer offers you $90. You accept the offer and send the buyer a private checkout page to pay the mutually agreed upon price for the item. In the meantime, the item is still listed to the public for $100. It is theoretically possible for a second buyer to purchase the item for $100 before the initial buyer purchases for $90. If the initial buyer (who has a link to a private $90 checkout page) attempts to purchase the item after another buyer purchased for a higher price, the system will not allow two purchases.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I cant figure out how to bypass this new system. I'm not creating another new account to sell things
You don't need to create a new account. Once you "connect" your account once, you can seamlessly move between the new marketplace tools and NC.org. You don't need to create a new credential set.

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
It's giving me problems too, And I'm waiting to sell things You getting jammed up on the email portion?
No i'm flat out not using this program to sell. I shouldnt have to sign up on another account to be able to sell 3rd party and then use a separate 3rd party check out to be able to sell on a different 3rd party website.

Selling parts on NC should not be an orgy

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
You don't need to create a new account. Once you "connect" your account once, you can seamlessly move between the new marketplace tools and NC.org. You don't need to create a new credential set.
I'm on Chrome for Windows XP. Also tried on Mozilla and IE.

Please elaborate on "Connecting" an account.

Quitting my browser and re-trying does not work. maybe I'm missing a step or something :shrugs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
No i'm flat out not using this program to sell. I shouldnt have to sign up on another account to be able to sell 3rd party and then use a separate 3rd party check out to be able to sell on a different 3rd party website. Selling parts on NC should not be an orgy
For clarity, you are not required to use 3rd party check out. You can use the new tools to create and manage listings and do checkout on your own, just as before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm on Chrome for Windows XP. Also tried on Mozilla and IE.

Please elaborate on "Connecting" an account.

Quitting my browser and re-trying does not work. maybe I'm missing a step or something :shrugs:
First, thanks for trying all those browsers. I am sorry you are having a technical issue. We will investigate.

You asked, what does it mean to connect an account?

NC.org runs on the vBulletin software platform. NC.org installed a vBulletin marketplace plugin that is made by Panjo. For security purposes (SSL) and in order to speed the continual flow of new features to the marketplace, aspects of the plugin are hosted on Panjo's servers. When you "connect your account" you are doing the following...
1) You are becoming a registered member of Panjo. Panjo works with many vBulletin-based forums.
2) You only have to "connect your account" once. As long as you are logged into NC.org, you will be logged into the NC.org marketplace tools powered by Panjo.
3) Connecting your account enables the marketplace to post a new thread with your listing in the correct subforum when you sell an item. Connecting your account enables the marketplace to PM you if you have an offer or sale of your item.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts