NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a good smack as I got to Automotive Progression and realized I forgot my Camera. So all of the install pics were done with my phone. Also there was a busted celica with no wheels on the lift so we did everything on the ground which made it much more interesting ;)

Participating: Myself, Lowridercruz, his friend and ToyoTech.

I will say the whole Air injection part of the 04 is a nightmare when trying to remove the header and install a new one. 1st getting the air injection tube out was a bitch and may have involved a saws all *sp ;) PPE directions said to lower the front frame but we didn't think it was needed. Come to find out the air injection tube will not go back in with the ppe header unless this is lowered.

Mix this all with a random freak rain storm it was a pretty fun night ;) We finished up around 3 without any major issues. Thankfully I went to AP to do this as i do not have nearly enough of the right tools or 2nd, 3rd and sometimes needed 4th pair of hands :) As always justin did a great job and I was very pleased with the results.

As for the PPE equipment. Great quality parts and look excellent. It was raining and i didnt have my good camera so no sound clips yet. The car is significantly more raspy at WOT due to the lack of any cat or resonators but for the extra power i am completely ok with it. There is also an anticipated sound changed when the supercharger goes on.

Next Automotive Progression Adventure with a certain large hair dryer: T Minus 18 days'ish

Also expect cleaner and full underside shots when the car is on the lift as well as some sound clip before and after s/c install

a little comparison between stock and PPE:

10 Points to the person that recognizes the celica in the back right of the pic :gap:

Some pics today. just jacked the car up abit but it is filthy under there due to us being dirty on the install and the nasty rain storm all the way home. Will be cleaned up for the lift shots :)

BTW PPE's new system to eliminate the CEL is very slick. they used the resistor method however they give you this tiny little plastic block which has the resistor build in, then 4 ports and screw tops that push and hold the wires in place. very easy and worked so far

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Very nice man! Maybe add a Vibrant UQ resonator to reduce the raspy sounds. I am pretty sure it will not make a difference in power since it is a straight through design. You want to be able to hear the blower whine not a raspy exhaust.;)

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
holy **** lol, i cant belive justin was able to fit imatunergts celica and the 1jz celica over in that side port haha. Car is looking good, post sound clips.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol no hissing after 1st day. but hopefully red can get his thicker copper ones made and when we throw this up on the lift for the s/c we can replace this gasket

03gtstrd: jlitman has the ppe header and midpipe with his s/c and it sounds pretty good so i am not too worried. if i need to ill get a resonator but not too concerned

greg they spent a day moving stuff around, benches and such, so they could move those cars over and out of the way

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
BTW PPE's new system to eliminate the CEL is very slick. they used the resistor method however they give you this tiny little plastic block which has the resistor build in, then 4 ports and screw tops that push and hold the wires in place. very easy and worked so far
It's called a defouler.

Looking good, Dan! Now do a C60 swap! :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i thought the defouler was the pipe setup, didn't think it was the general term for tricking the 02

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Defouler is another trick other than what dan is talking about. They both work the same in theory. Looks slick, I am thinking of getting the same set up before i through mine back together

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ thought so ;)

drove around abit and snapped some inside vids. ill have them up in a min

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
damn looks sick? but i cant hear anything? almost like there's a video missing, i don't see it haha

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
aight fools. i had to run out so i snapped some in car vids. ill get some outside ones later i just dont have a good safe, quiet area to do it without driving far and im too lazy/busy for that at the moment ;)

note: 35 speed limit busy area so i wasn't planning to gun it much

for this one i thought it had warmed up enough but apparently not ;)

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
thanks for the plug dan, man what a pain in the a$$ that install was but it looks and sounds good. Look forward to the s/c install

there were 4 celica's sitting in the shop. I can fit 5 in there and still walk around lol.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys. final determination about resonators will come after the s/c but i will prob stick with the sound :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts