NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
people always say what happened to your seat, my reply "i dunno, toyota used some cheap-ass material." the passenger seat hasn't shown wear like this, yet.

pic of drivers seat.

will dealerships cover this under warranty? if they don't, they will when i meet with them. this flaw in my seat totally degrades the appearance of my interior.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Lay off the Supreme Burritos from Taco Bell man... :gap:

On a serious note though I would expect it to be under warranty. If not, give them hell, that's by NO means "normal wear and tear."

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It doesn`t look like "normal" wear and tear to me. I would also suspect ther was something on your pants that caused it.

After a year and a half, my seats are still like new.

·
Registered
161 Posts
yah, looks liek there was something on your pants that you didn't know about. my seats look fine, although they are just a bit dirty.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
On a side note, that looks like where his right thigh would be. Not his right a$$ cheek, so that velcro pocket isn't the cause of the wear.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm actually seeing something like that on mine too. It's about where my mid-back would be, don'e know of anything that would be in that area on any shirt or jacket of mine. What I'm seeing isn't quite as bad/noticable as that though, but I know it's there and it bugs the hell out of me. If I get a few min to take pics and figure out how to post them, I'll try to do that tonight.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually... i have a chain on my wallet, and also a few pairs of pants with velcro. damnit. i didnt see any warning to not wear pants with velcro pockets. therefor, they can fix it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
you would have to be rocking your pants pretty low judging by those photos, either that or the velcro is like below your a$$ or you could be riding somewhat gangster style either way Toyota should cover it, thats kinda abnormal wear, hell it wont hurt to try either way

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2000BlueGts said:
you would have to be rocking your pants pretty low judging by those photos, either that or the velcro is like below your a$$ or you could be riding somewhat gangster style either way Toyota should cover it, thats kinda abnormal wear, hell it wont hurt to try either way
well i wouldnt say i drive in the proper upright position, 10' and 2' o clock. you could say i have a slight "lean" goin on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ugly Pete said:
that spot on the seat is where your pocket would be, so im guesing that you had a velcro fastener on your pocket.... i cant think of anything else that would do that.
:wtf: If you're asscheek is that far up on the seat, you got some probs pete :D Either you hug the steering wheel, or you got one big ass.

Unless you just move around alot in the seats, and are in the car alot... I don't see how its just normal wear and tear, mb a defect in that seat.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
CeLuKaGT said:

:wtf: If you're asscheek is that far up on the seat, you got some probs pete :D Either you hug the steering wheel, or you got one big ass.

Unless you just move around alot in the seats, and are in the car alot... I don't see how its just normal wear and tear, mb a defect in that seat.
lol. i didnt mean the back pocket jackass! :D almost all of my pants are cargo shorts/pants with a pocket on the side with velcro.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts