NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i am deciding to go with the short ram for some reason. How much HP does it actually produce when its on. Is it loud. Also, do i need a heat shield. I went to this one store yesterday, and they had one, and it looks like half of the Injen Short ram itake. Instead of it looking like a U, it loks like a J, does that matter. Also, that one plastic pipe that is in front of the stock air box, what does that do, can i take that out or not really? Thats all for today. Thanks guys

Luke

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have an Injen Short ram in my car.
for HP, it doesn't give you much, i can't really feel any gain, but it pick up a little bit faster(i think)
It sound good for me, you can really hear the intake is sucking air, and I get better gas mileage. (11-12 gallon of 93 gas run about 328 mile.)
Also I am planning to but a heat shield for it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have RMM short ram and installed the heat shield a couple weeks ago. It really did make a difference. I unbolted the engine plastics to get a better air flow. Before the heat shield, my intake filter would be really hot after running, now its much cooler with the heat shield. Don't know about gains though, it's noticably louder and pulls a bit harder above 6K.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can someone still tell me what that long sky plastic tube is?? I have no idea what it is, do i need it or not really??

Thanks
Luke

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so in toher words, i need it to stay there, Is there anyway to make that a little custom, or does it have to be that specific tube?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts