NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, remember that ISCARS race that I was trying to get everyone up here to go see? As you know, it was postponed. Well, I was just checking their website and they have re-scheduled it for THIS Saturday nite. I'd really hate to miss this race, but with the crabfeast/meet and all, I would.

BUT, what would even be SOOOOO much better, is that all of you would want to go see it too. Remember, Celicas run in this action-packed race. And, they actually can dominate the domestics. So, here's an idea--- How about we FINALLY have a meet that actually involves some motorsports fun?
So, how about it? Would those that are coming for the meet wanna do this?
You'll have a blast, I promise.

www.shenandoahspeedway.com

www.iscarsonline.com

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
The strippers will say its not straight enough and the auto-x'ers will want more right turns. I'm neither so I'll do it.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Again, if I was able to go ot the crabfeast, I would definitely be in on this.

Not enough turns is a lame excuse. It's not a straight "track." It's an overcrowded oval with stategy and cars going really fast. But hey, to each his own. Some people enjoy motorcycle races, where they seem like they're going 35mph (if even that) around those turns. :shrugs:

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Beast said:
Again, if I was able to go ot the crabfeast, I would definitely be in on this.

Not enough turns is a lame excuse. It's not a straight "track." It's an overcrowded oval with stategy and cars going really fast. But hey, to each his own. Some people enjoy motorcycle races, where they seem like they're going 35mph (if even that) around those turns. :shrugs:
THose turns where they are dragging their knees on the ground? :chuckles:

I see the real reason you planned this meet at your house, Bill. Pay for my admitance and I may consider it. :chuckles:

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
kaioshin said:
Beast said:
Some people enjoy motorcycle races, where they seem like they're going 35mph (if even that) around those turns. :shrugs:
THose turns where they are dragging their knees on the ground? :chuckles:
Yes. Frankly, those races bore the crap out of me. I've tried watching. Plenty of turns, and plenty of low-speed knee dragging. Great. :D

As for this race Bill is trying to get everyone to, I can understand if you think an oval race is borning on TV, but seeing it in person is much different. Loud V-8's, beer, crashes, etc. It's fun times. Kinda like going to a hockey game or soccer match in person. It's just different. :thumbup:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just about any race in person is all about the atmosphere and boy what an atmosphere it can be! I wish I could come up to join... hope you guys enjoy it!

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
The race starts at 7:30pm... hmmm...

What would be schedule look like? Gather at Bill's then head out? Just meet at the race track?

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Holy guacamole. This is a massive shift of 6.5 hours. My head is just catching up to the logistics.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Yeah, now i'm all confuzzaled. I was guessing we would get pool and crabs in early then head out, but i have no idea how far the drive is from Bills....

I would like to go to this. I think it could be fun, but i was really looking forward to the hike and the party.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ringthree said:
The race starts at 7:30pm... hmmm...

What would be schedule look like? Gather at Bill's then head out? Just meet at the race track?
XYRCNCP said:
So is the crabfest deal still on? cuz I could go to that, but not to any festivities/events after 6pm.
schlegelbagel said:
Yeah, now i'm all confuzzaled. I was guessing we would get pool and crabs in early then head out, but i have no idea how far the drive is from Bills....

I would like to go to this. I think it could be fun, but i was really looking forward to the hike and the party.
IrCGTS said:
What is your plan Bill, it is your house. Where is this racetrack? Looks like 2:30 hours from Sterling.
OH, HELL YES, THE CRABFEAST AND POOL PARTY IS STILL ON!!!!!!!!!!!
I meant go to the race afterwards. I know the track's website says that the racing starts at 7:30pm, but they will run several smaller class races first. Those can be fun to watch too, but nothing like the ISCARS race. So the good race probably won't start until at least 9pm. Sure it'll be a little late, but afterwards we can still come back to the house for midnight 'til ??? swimming and drinking. Then you all can just crash here.
Festivities schedule would look something like this:
1:00pm--Drink, swim, drink, shoot pool, drink, etc.
3:00-4:00pm--Go to pick up the crabs/fire up grill
4:00-7:00pm--Eat, drink, swim, drink, shoot pool, drink, etc.
7:00pm--Leave for the track

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kaioshin said:
I see the real reason you planned this meet at your house, Bill. Pay for my admitance and I may consider it. :chuckles:
I did NOT plan this at all. I just noticed it last nite on the track's website. Since you are such a hardass about Nascar, I will pay your admittance just to show you how fun it can be.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts