NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new here I have recently bought a toyota celica 2003 vvt 1.8 my abs light is on when the abs light is on the brakes are normal but when the light goes out the brakes make a noise when stopping and make a loud noise that seems to be under the car I checked all fluids I've checked the wheel speed sensors to no avail I've bought a abs module but I have no idea where to find it is it inside the car any help would be much appreciated thanks

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,582 Posts
Yes, I think the ABS module is inside. You could get the ABS to flash you an error code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure of the location for Celicas, but for Corollas, the ABS module is in the engine compartment next to the unit with all the brake lines attached to it. The large harness connector should give it away.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,582 Posts
Seems it depends on whether it is RHD or LHD. On LHD, it is behind the stereo. On RHD, it's behind the glove box on the left. The RHD may also have stability or traction controls.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,916 Posts
I had the same issue a couple years ago and it was the ABS module. Here is a link showing the location of the ABS ecu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts