NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Could be refrigerant, could also be almost anything else. If you download the service manuals from this site and follow the procedures, you should be able to figure it out.

I have a similar problem, but it's not right when I turn it on. I can operate the AC for about 10 minutes or so and then it starts blinking and causes my car to surge (revs bounce up and down) until I hit the AC button to turn it off. Then, I can immediately turn it back on and it's good for another 10 minutes. I have a feeling it has something to do with my compressor going out but I haven't really messed around with it.

In the service manual it lists about 6 things that could cause the AC light blinking, I just forget what they all are.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys ill check out the manual. as for the refrigerant charge ill wait till summer and see if I get any ac out of it first. its just annoying having to turn it off all the time. heater works and everything just the annoying blinking.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,294 Posts
AC runs when you are in either of the two Defrost modes. If there is a problem with the AC system - light flashes. Probably low refrigerant, as said.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine did that, and the engine would drop to almost stalling and then rev up over and over. The compressor was locked up. I replaced the compressor with a new denso(oem) compressor. It has the oil already in it so you have to follow the instructions to adjust the oil level. In my case the dead compressor had no oil in it at all so I just bolted it up and charged the system. I think the previous owner replaced the compressor with a used one but didn't put any oil in it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts