NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, the past week or so i noticed my car having difficulties with a slightly slow start. then i was sick for a few days but when i went to the store last night the car engine BARELY turned over until i was at another store. all i got was the *click-click-click* and the dome light dimmed when trying to start the car. so, i was "stuck-like-chuck" and had to walk a few blocks home.

well, this morning i walked to my car, carried the heavy battery to a nearby autozone and they said the battery was discharged. i opted to get a new duralast battery and when i got it installed the car did nothing: no lights, no clock, NOTHING. luckily i was able to jumpstart my car and it seemed ok for a few minutes but then on the way home the radio cut on and off and RIGHT when i pulled into my carport the car died completely. no turning over. nothing. not even the check engine light, gauges, clock, radio or ANYTHING. again....

i don't have a volt meter and even if i did i don't know how to use one. :( something like this happened to my old car and i thought it was the alternator. so, after a day of planning on buying a new alternator i discovered the battery just need a "break in period" cuz that day of waiting seemed to allow my car to start fine. actually don't know what happened but it worked fine after that waiting period. *sigh* lost and confused... in other words: HELP!!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
update: well, i got the car jumpstarted again but i noticed a whirring sound when the radio is on (almost like a grounding noise). and, even though i kept the engine running i noticed the gauges dim a bit when i pressed the accelerator. once i turned the headlights on the car died. now nothing electrical works at all. fawk! does that sound like the alternator to anyone? how hard is it to change that sucker cuz i'm short on funds and buying an alternator is already gonna break the bank. i'm at a loss.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts