NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i burned out my oem clutch, just wondering if an aftermarket act clutch disk would fit into the stock clutch housing.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
of course it would fit, they are made to fit....but i suggest a Southbend Clutch over ACT

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Smaay said:
of course it would fit, they are made to fit....but i suggest a Southbend Clutch over ACT
man you guys are all about that southbend. Is it really that much better than rps street max?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
im all about southbend because i know the customer service you will get from Andy. I have a southbend clutch that i need to install as soon as i get back from PR. personally i have experience with ACT. i had a HD plate and street disk with my XS kit and i was happy with it. however it did start to slip when it got hot. then i upgraded to a XT plate and 6 puck. it was a harsh engagement but it grabbed right off the floor (the way i like it). and no slipping.

i have an RPS in my Supra and its ok, but i dont like how high it grabbs off the floor

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
can someone with a southbend clutch tell me if i need to buy the extended push rod for HD street series? i heard it would need it but im not sure if its categorized as a heavy clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts