NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got my clutch installed. i dont know how happy iam with it yet though. I like how it grabs right off the floor. but its really hard to shift now. i really gotta put my foot down to the floor to shift smoothly. Those of you with ACT clutches, have you noticed the same symptoms? oh i have the street clutch by the way.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ya dude i had the same prob..when i first drove the car with the act clutch on the car died MANY times...it grips way down on the floor..but once u get used to it...the car feels alittle quicker for some reason..just haveta get used ta the feel of the clutch and ull be fine :)...good luck

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
there's a rod connected to the clutch pedal that goes thru the firewall. with a 12mm wrench you can loosen a nut (the one closer to the wall) and turn the rod clock wise to bring up the grab point. there's another thread with a picture and different wording on the instructions. about half to 3/4 a turn would probably be good.

ACT clutch is weird. the grab point moves. sometimes it slips, sometimes it grabs all at once. you'll probably stall a few times.

·
Registered
404 Posts
i had my act on for quite a while now. i have the same symptoms, but i have no complaints. i grew used to it after about 20 min of driving it. i haven't ran my car hard for several months now, but back then, i was able to scratch in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. i think i would be able to scratch in 4th as well, but i never tried running my car up that high to try it. i love how it grips

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I just got it installed a few days too. Exact same symptoms. I like it right now though, but I'm giving it around another 3-4 hundred miles for break in.

·
Registered
404 Posts
you live in the bay and driving w/ an ACT clutch? your brave man, gotta give you props. i wouldn't want to be driving up and down hills with a manual, much less an ACT. it's bad enough driving on a straight road after running all day. but have fun with it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
You should have broken it in lol... But I had a thread not to long ago about adjusting the clutch enguagement.. mine is catching a little too high now going to lower it back down a hair.

PM me if you need help adjusting it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
RiCelicaBoi said:
you live in the bay and driving w/ an ACT clutch? your brave man, gotta give you props. i wouldn't want to be driving up and down hills with a manual, much less an ACT. it's bad enough driving on a straight road after running all day. but have fun with it.
Haha, it's not that much different you know. The only problem is that I got the Fidanza flywheel installed as well, so it's a little more challenging to start when you first get it. I got it down now and it's fine. I'm still waiting to fully break it in.

·
Registered
779 Posts
i have a fidanza lightweight flywheel and an act clutch. i get the same thing with the clutch. my car feels faster but with the flywheel i have to relearn the launch because the car revs alot different.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow, you gained over 10 HP with a clutch and flywheel? I wish i had done the flywheel and LSD when i had the trans off. but money wasnt ready and something came up where i need money. more details tomorrow. he he he

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.