NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got my clutch and flywheel put in yesterday after the mix up with my flywheel. Cost me $250 for the install which is a pretty good deal I think.

Now for the Review.I really like the clutch it makes the car feel more race inspired and it grips great. The clutch is very stiff and kinda heavy, I think it is around 60% stiffer than stock, but I wouldnt be surprised if its more. Keep in mind I've only driven it 2 days. It engages almost immediatly, so it has very little play in it, it just wants to pop and go. There is some chatter off the line which shakes the car a little bit, but it seems to be only when I slip the clutch a little too much. The clutch is a lot shorter than stock, at least it seems like I dont have to push it down as far to get it to the ground. It does grab very well I can't wait to break it in so I can launch on it, I let you guys know how it feels. It is somewhat diffucult to get used to the new clutch, espically after driving my car for over a month with my clutch slipping so bad I couldn't floor my car. I would recommend this clutch if your looking for something that is more of a race type, but if you don't really drive hard and want a somewhat soft clutch I wouldn't recommend it.

Now for the flywheel, I really like the flywheel, my car revs up a lot faster now. In nuetral it just flys to redline a lot faster. My car accelerates a little faster, but it didnt make a drastic difference but enough to tell. It seems to help the car shift a little quicker, and shifting feels a little more firm. I would recommend this flywheel for GT owners, since we don't have to land lift, but it feels a little too light for the GTS.

*** I will update this once I break in the clutch/flywheel and can really get on it and shift hard***

Cliff notes - Clutch - pretty stiff and a little heavy, but grips great and feels more race inspired, wouldn't recommend it if you want more of a stock feel.

Flywheel - revs up faster and acceleration is a little better, shifting feels a little quicker also.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dang the clutch must be crazy short... GT-Ss are already short enough as it is.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
Thanks for the writeup. Yes, that install price is about half what it should be. Great hookup.

Jon

Ya I was surprised it was that cheap everywhere else was tryin to charge me around $400. The place I got it done at is called R toys out in Phoenix. Anyone out in Phoenix lookin for installs I would recomend R toys the owner is a good guy I talked to him for a few minutes and he seems pretty knowledable, better than anyone I have talked to out here.

Originally posted by A i
Dang the clutch must be crazy short... GT-Ss are already short enough as it is.
The clutch is real short it takes some time to get used to but its worth it, the clutch grabs immediatly its just wants to ingage and go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts