NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
YELLOW CLOUD
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to adjust our OEM HID headlights manually? I haven't had a chance to get my levelers running yet. I want to zero-out my headlights, so when I do the wiring, I can set my switch to zero as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They can and should be adjusted. Inside the car set your leveller switch at 0. The beam should fall 1 cm per meter. So what I usually do is to park the car on a level/plain area, park it 4 meters from a wall and then measure it out.
4 meters is from the projector of the headlight to the wall. Measure the height (TIP: there is usually a small dot on the headlight to denote this), if not, measure from the ground to the center of the projector. I think mine was something like 67 cm above the ground.

So, if my headlight is 67 cm above the ground and it should fall 1 cm per meter, then at a distance of 4 meters from the wall the top of the beam, measured at the wall, should be 63 cm above the ground.
Yes, it's a lot of measuring, but honestly it'll take you five minutes.

See the metal screw on my headlight? That's what you adjust with.

https://goo.gl/photos/wNrbFx4gCFP8aHzRA

·
YELLOW CLOUD
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can and should be adjusted. Inside the car set your leveller switch at 0. The beam should fall 1 cm per meter. So what I usually do is to park the car on a level/plain area, park it 4 meters from a wall and then measure it out.
4 meters is from the projector of the headlight to the wall. Measure the height (TIP: there is usually a small dot on the headlight to denote this), if not, measure from the ground to the center of the projector. I think mine was something like 67 cm above the ground.

So, if my headlight is 67 cm above the ground and it should fall 1 cm per meter, then at a distance of 4 meters from the wall the top of the beam, measured at the wall, should be 63 cm above the ground.
Yes, it's a lot of measuring, but honestly it'll take you five minutes.

See the metal screw on my headlight? That's what you adjust with.

https://goo.gl/photos/wNrbFx4gCFP8aHzRA
Thanks, bro. I see in the picture, are u talking about the metal screw above the leveler motor? How about the screw on the motor? I thought the top one is for the high beam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts