NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if AEM or HKS or some other brand made adjustable cam gears for 2000 and above celica GT's & GTS's, or can u only adjust them with some kind of data logger and if sooo what would be a good logger to use???

THX

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The 7th gen Celicas have VVT-i on the intake cam, so the ECU is continuosly adjusting the intake cam in relation to the (fixed) exhaust cam. Hence no adjustable cam gears can be made for VVT-i equipped engines. You could theorize about an adjustable cam gear for the exhaust cam, but then you would have to deal with how to optimize it for the variable intake cam phasing. Toyota is equipping it's newer engines with Dual VVT-i already, so pretty soon adjustable cam gears will be something of the past.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
To add to this point: With a PFC (or similarly comprehensive stand alone), a camcon, or the soon to be release V-manage from Greddy, you can electronically adjust the intake cam. Therefore, the cam is adjustable, and can be under your control, you just need the right controller.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
reguile said:
Will PFC help out a GT by giving noticeable gains? I'm too far away from the search button
It will give you gains, but not as much as a GTS, it also depends on your mods. More mods more PFC gains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.