But then the cooling fans turned on and AFR rised to 15.9
It is so all the time. As soon fans turn on AFR rise by ~1-1.5
Is it normal?
Or have I adjust some settings to avoid that. I could not find any :(

Forgot to mention I have 2000 gts with MWR stroker (12.5 pistons) and PFC

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
When the fans turn on, the load is higher. Increase fueling in the cell below the ones you were working with without the fans on.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
But ccordingly to map watch, I stay in the same cell when the fans are on and off.
It's because you're load breakpoints are set too wide at idle. Most likely you aren't using the 500 row at all. You can remove it and add it in somewhere else. Check your actual log files in Excel to see what your real loads are at idle and set your breakpints accordingly.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's because you're load breakpoints are set too wide at idle. Most likely you aren't using the 500 row at all. You can remove it and add it in somewhere else. Check your actual log files in Excel to see what your real loads are at idle and set your breakpints accordingly.
I was going to rescale map. So some additional questions. do the step between cells have to be equal like 800; 1200; 1600; 2000..... or it can be 800; 1000; 1200; 1600; 2000

Right now the idle is at load 2000:rpm 1000
So I have to get rid from 500 line and everything past 8500
For stroker rev limit I have set at 8350

I really appreciate your help Jesse
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
It doesn't matter how you space out the load breakpoints but I tend to just make them uniform for simplicity, with the exception of at idle where I put two very close to eachother for maximum tunability. I made a thread once showing plots of exactly what happens at idle. Just search for threads created by me in this forum and you'll find it. If you make your own version of the graph I make and follow my explanation, you'll know exactly where you need to set the idle breakpoints.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
I have to ask...

my idle on stock ecu tends to linger around 15-17. even when i get the power fc fitted, if i have a similar afr, it wont do any damage right, because the load is pretty much nothing. the only bad point i can think of is heat building up maybe? but fuel economy would be good also?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I have to ask...

my idle on stock ecu tends to linger around 15-17. even when i get the power fc fitted, if i have a similar afr, it wont do any damage right, because the load is pretty much nothing. the only bad point i can think of is heat building up maybe? but fuel economy would be good also?
No excuse, try the PFC now! :) You wont hurt it with 17 at idle. Beside, O2 feedback would bring it closer to 14.7.

Just put conservative timing and you are fine. AF tuning is pretty easy to tune and should your first thing to tune. I'd prepare for some street tune right after you put it though .. You should have something safe within an hour (assuming you have an ok base map, a datalogit and laptop). The biggest part will probably be to get more familiar with the software and have it work.

If you don't have a datalogit but have a commander, there is a useful feature that can allow any timing/base map overall change of your map. There, you can add for example 5% of fuel everywhere .. Beware, this setting is reset every time you shut the car. It's not perfect but can help for a rough tuning.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Ahhh right, thanks for that Dan :wiggle:

I have the datalogit, laptop, wideband etc...i'll either fit it in today (it's tuesday right now here in England :p) or wednesday as long as the weather is dry enough for me to do some third gear pulls to redline for logging.

I've lost the map that many sent me a few weeks ago, so I'll just make do with redliner's map, which should be just as good for a starting point. I'll be sure to have Jesse's sticky open on 2 browsers, so i have it with me at all times for help!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.