NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Work In Progress...
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's up guys? I just bought my first Celica and decided to join this forum to meet new and local people that own these cars and get some advice. I just bought an 02 Silver GT-S and I had a question regarding what and when should I upgrade certain parts to my car. I want to eventually end up installing either a turbo or supercharger in a year or two but I wanted to know if I do have that in mind, should I upgrade with bolt ons before or after the turbo/sc? Like should I upgrade my intake, exhaust, headers, etc. I would also like to know where I should buy these parts (Amazon, Andy's Auto, from the dealership TRD). Thanks for the advice guys!

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
So what's up guys? I just bought my first Celica and decided to join this forum to meet new and local people that own these cars and get some advice. I just bought an 02 Silver GT-S and I had a question regarding what and when should I upgrade certain parts to my car. I want to eventually end up installing either a turbo or supercharger in a year or two but I wanted to know if I do have that in mind, should I upgrade with bolt ons before or after the turbo/sc? Like should I upgrade my intake, exhaust, headers, etc. I would also like to know where I should buy these parts (Amazon, Andy's Auto, from the dealership TRD). Thanks for the advice guys!
Daily Driver $50 - $3500
Step 1 - Injen CAI (AEM or E-bay w/ Blue bomber mod if you don't intend to continue to step 5 and beyond.)
Step 2- Exhaust - Magnaflow - RSR, something free flowing. TRD is not free flowing.
Step 3 - DD Performance Research Intake manifold with Q45 Throttle Body
Step 4 - Ceramic coated PPE race header with NO cat.
If you can't afford PPE then Ceramic coated ported stock header with decat
Step 5 - Lightweight flywheel

Don't bother boosting it and save your money. Take the next week and read through the forums. Everything you need to know and are going to ask has been covered 10 times over. Best thing to do is educate yourself and do the research. As far as vendors to get parts from. Sponsors on the forums are your best bet, mostly always offering deals (check the vendors thread). Other than that, buy where ever you find the best deal.

Where are you located in Arizona? There are quite a few of us down here...

P.s. your sig is stupid... :chuckles:

·
Work In Progress...
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up and I'm in Mesa. Haha I just put a quote that my uncle said once when he lost a race in his Civic Si. Don't get me wrong I like Honda's but I just thought it was funny

·
Work In Progress...
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you're saying I should just do bolt ons? What would the gains be with those mods? I read both the S/C and turbo FAQ and based on what it told me, boosting it doesn't seem like a good idea. I might do it if "my pockets are deep enough" down the road and use it as a show car but for now I'd like to be somewhere around 200-250WHP. Do you guys do any meets here in AZ?

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
Thanks Muirner but sorry I don't get all of the lingo yet. What do you mean by feat.?
::facepalm:: the word "feat" is not lingo for anything..its just a regular word

·
Your mom's name here
1,244 Posts
feat /fēt/
Noun: An achievement that requires great courage, skill, or strength.

It's just quite the challenge to get to 200HP on a NA 2z from what I understand.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Its fairly easy to get 200hp on a 2zz with the right parts buutttt will set u back easy over $3k which may not be worth it to some for the amount of power you'll get.

·
ninotnax
2,783 Posts
Its fairly easy to get 200hp on a 2zz with the right parts buutttt will set u back easy over $3k which may not be worth it to some for the amount of power you'll get.
This.

And that's only NA.

To get ANY decent power out of the Celica GT-S reliably you have to spend $3,000. That's not including labor.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Start with the basics Injen cold air intake (CAI), exhaust (your choice of brand), Ported and polished or aftermarket headers. That should get you around 180-190whp. Good luck! Hope you enjoy your car!

WELCOME TO THE CELICA WORLD :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
So you're saying I should just do bolt ons? What would the gains be with those mods? I read both the S/C and turbo FAQ and based on what it told me, boosting it doesn't seem like a good idea. I might do it if "my pockets are deep enough" down the road and use it as a show car but for now I'd like to be somewhere around 200-250WHP. Do you guys do any meets here in AZ?
For 200+, get ready to spend some cash. That'll be a fairly extensive n/a build. And if it's a dd, I dot know if I would go that far( i hate heavy loping cams on my dd). Just go basic bolt ons, a good tube, and a 50 shot. Keep in mind a celica only weighs about 2600, so 190hp is a blast for a daily beater

·
Work In Progress...
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha I figured that's what it meant but I wanted to make sure. Stupid moment but I'm doing it one part at a time. I'm going to try and get the most out of the bolt ons. The car is fun as it is so I think I will be happy with those mods

·
Registered
322 Posts
yo welcome. most of the guys above pretty much covered it all...except... u didnt post pix of ure celica... otherwise, welcome.

·
Work In Progress...
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll post some pics as soon as I can. The paint on the stock wheels is peeling so I want to get those powder coated a dark bronze or gunmetal color. Not sure yet then I'll post some up. Any suggestions on colors? Am I supposed to post this in a new topic?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Hi :wave:

What color is your car?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Either. Just stock. :)

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Hey bud. Is your GTS stick or Auto?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts