NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please help me? i just installed my aem cai and my engine light turns on. it stays on and hasnt been off yet. how long will it be until it turns off? did i do something wrong while installing it? please help. thanks ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
U might have gotten the o2 sensor dirty or some type of debris on it. This might give it a false signal. Did u remember to reconnect all of the wires? That may be it. Otherwise, i don't have any more suggestions. Maybe someone else can clarify this more. Try using the search button. I think that this has been asked before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your suggestion, any is appreciated. if anyone else would like to reply, please due so.

-plugged all the wires correctly and the cai is running right but the problem is just with the annoyance of the yellow engine light on. :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
this happened to my GTS after i put in my AEM CAI....its becuase your computer is set on a certain amount of air coming into the engine...with the intake, the air coming in obviously increases and this throws it off....some one can reset it for u but after u turn the car off and back on, the light will be back on...u most likely wont be able to get rid of the light, but everything should be alright.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
How is the computer set to a certain amount of air coming in? Doesn't the Toyota computer have different default tables for various situations and doesn't it adjust to different situations? I'm having trouble understanding how a MAF that reads air by way of varying voltage and adjusts approtiately is the culprit.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
A dirty MAF could be the culprit if it isnt reading the amount of air correctly it could be sending the wrong voltage to the ECU. This inturn causes a lean condition because it is sending too little fuel into the cylinder causing you to get a P0171 code System bank xx running lean and occasionally a p0300 code which is a cylinder misfire code. You can clean the MAF sensor with some compressed air from a computer compressed air canister. Don't actually touch the sensor you most likely will break it and end up spending 100-150 on replacement part. I just put 89 in instead of 87 and it went away. Not sure exactly why but since higher octane burns slower.... Nyways give it a try and you can either unplug the negative battery term or take out the ecu fuse for a minute in order to reset the ecu. Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some of you guys are onto something with fixes for the probelm but the answer just can't be more air is making the CEL come on. There has to be a vacuum leak, dirty sensor or some problem causing this that be fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my engine light is off once i took off the negative battery plug for a few minutes. everything seems fine but when i rev my car to 4,000rpm+ then that stupid engine light turns on again. i dont know wsup with this crap. any suggestions? if it is dirty, how would i go on cleaning it? spray some compressed air? where do i spray? sorry, im such a noob at this. o_O

·
Registered
18 Posts
"If you read carefully you'll see that is what most are saying the problem is."

If you read carefully I was re-expressing what the others said and agreeing there has to be a problem along these lines and not just the statement that more air is causing the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Celica2K2 said:
i duno if its the same for the gts but in my gt when i installed my injen intake my cel came on....then i got a cap for one of the vacuum hoses which is very small....cel came off for me
hey wsup celica2k2,
just wondering how did you cap your vacuum hose(s)? what did you use to cap it? thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you plug the small line going into the Manifold with something I did that and used the Maf or Mas what ever it is cant remember right now and the other peice that has the larger line running toward the fuse box and no check engine light

1 - 15 of 15 Posts