NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just received my AEM CAI and installed it two days ago.
So far all I can say it the result is nothing but SWEET!!!

First of all after two days of ECU adjusting the car just feels like it have more power all through the power band. Although I'm aware almost everyone who got a injen or AEM CAI had mentions its the best mod you can get, but with the QUITE NOTICABLE improvement i've got i'm still quite amazed!

The car is louder, and as expected after it hit "lift" it give out the LOUD high-tone BARK just like most of the Honda's vtec/Type-Rs does with air filtyer upgrade. What i'm suppirse is before 3000rpm, sort of between 2500-3000rpm where it was really FLAT, after the CAI it acturelly feels like it has power under the belt, its hard to desciibe it, but it feels like the power i got between 3000-3500 before its now what i got in 2500-3000. I was actreully expecting lost below 4000rpm but it was not the case. And when it hits lift it clearly feels a good different!!

I do also have a high-flow exchast system already so maybe it benific more with the CAI. But afterall with the money i spend its definelly much better then getting thigns like just a muffler upgrade which don't really do anything and cost about the same $$$...

Just though i'll share this info for others in Aust who are looking to get one too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
how much did the AEM set up back was it the original or a copy....easy to install? how did u adjust the ECU ?

Cheers !

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i acturelly brough a used one from US on ebAY, only cost me $69US but shipping was expendsive all together around $200AUST which i reckon is well worth with the gains i got.

Install was bit of a bitch becasue the whole pipe was acturelly bigger then i imagine, just hard to fit the whole thing inside the engines bay, also require some cutting of the wheel well, i didn't even get a installation manual i just downlaod heaps of pics to my laptop and brough it down with me so i can follow it.

I did reset my ECU because i disconnected the battary anyway before i do the installation. But the ECU was very qucik to adjust again anyway.

Cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
$69!! lol thats cheap! you have to let me see it ;)
How do you reset the ECU? (not just by disconnecting the battery) How much cutting did you have to do?
Awesome news though, congrats!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
switch1,

yeahh it was quite cheap! The ECU will reset if u disconnect the battery for over 5min. But somehow i reckon u dun need to reset it becos once you reset it goes back to fully factory settings, if you don't then the ECU will still adjust itself to the CAI, the difference is its learning with adjustment already made to your other mods(eg exchast) instead of learning from no mod at all if you reset. Just my thoughs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts