NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just installed one of these on an '03 GT auto and I'd like to know if you run into a similar problem. There is a bolt on the engine which will bump into the bottom section of the new air intake. I just put a rubber nub on the bolt so it won't wear through the tube. Have fun installing, I did. The part's been on for a few months and I'm satisfied with it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Added rubber nub on the bolt

I've finally installed my AEM CAI with a little trouble with space, according to the instructions, for item 3d (rubber mount) they suggested to install the rubber mount in the specific location (in my case the CAI bracket would not align correctly) however, it would align correctly if I use the screw holding a little black plastic box.

Also in my case (first generation CAI), a screw sticks out from the automatic transmission (rubs againts the CAI pipe), I installed a small rubber between the pipe and the screw.

Also, the plastic covers underneith the transmission on drivers side wheel wall would no longer align with its holding holes, you either cut some plastic off (which I did not) or drill in temporary new holes in the plastic.

Great modification for sound, performance and gas millege.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey man how's it going i got a Celica 01 and i well i jus installed an AEM CAI....um...wut kind of problem did you get?? like did it make some type of noise that it wasn't suppose to be making?

·
Registered
53 Posts
umm for the inlet pipe, are there more than 1? or is it just one piece cuz in da diagrams it shows some parts that are welded. do we need to weld the pipes ?(if ders more dan 1) or does it come as in jsut 1 pipe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been looking at some CAI on Ebay they vary widely in pricing. I was wondering if brand name real matters or not. A Ijen intake is around $270.00. But I found one that looks very similar for $50.00. Wondering if you are just paying more for a name.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have been looking at some CAI on Ebay they vary widely in pricing. I was wondering if brand name real matters or not. A Ijen intake is around $270.00. But I found one that looks very similar for $50.00. Wondering if you are just paying more for a name.
I installed a AEM CAI into my 03' gt-s. I have heard other intakes but none of them compare to the one I got. I would highly recommend AEM. The install is a little tricky but it was way worth it.

·
GTS Turbo
1,111 Posts
Does anyone know what vacuum hoses get plugged or capped and which wires get connected/ disconnected for the drive by wire cars? (the 03-04 celicas without a throttle cable.), when installing a CAI?
I have had mine installed for over a year but I have a vacuum issue somewhere.
I have an 04 GTS manual transmission.

·
GTS Turbo
1,111 Posts
bump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.