NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah. Mine showed up at my doorsteps last Wednesday :D
Looks beatiful :drool: It's goin into the engine bay this weekend, when we take it to my pal's house to work on it. I'll give a review after it's installed. Got mine from MVP Motorsports, I highly recommend them... excellent customer support, and never fail to reply to e-mails :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I only see the G-1 AEM.
How did you order a G2?
It dosnt say any where on the site any thing about a G2.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DJ_GLITCH_OS said:
I only see the G-1 AEM.
How did you order a G2?
It dosnt say any where on the site any thing about a G2.
They don't show it there as the G-2, but they are in stock. I don't think they got any G-1's left neither, hence why I had to wait with my 3 month backorder. I think it'll be worth the wait. Give 'em an e-mail about it, Dusty is a real friendly guy. As for pics, I'll post some in a few minutes, but they'll be a bit fuzzy since it's over an eyeball cam that came with my computer :chuckles:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here's the pics, not very clear thanks to my crapcam, but hopefully you all get the point:

I'll take more pics tommorrow, when the sun is out :p

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's more pics... these ones are MUCH better!

So fresh and so clean... :drool:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTS-Racer said:
so whats the difference? i cant really tell, anyone else?
Well just to begin with, the bends on the piping on the generation 2 are much more aggressive than on the generation 1. Also, it just looks much cooler than the older model ;)

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
QWKsilvr808 said:
only the bends are different? I thought that the whole buzz about the new AEM G2 intakes was the new resonance chamber? (or whatever you call it)
Youre think V2 intake, gen 2 is the same as gen 1 with slight modifications to it!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Game said:
Youre think V2 intake, gen 2 is the same as gen 1 with slight modifications to it!
Yeah, that's pretty much the case. I assume the more aggressive bends will increase the velocity of the air traveling through the piping, allowing for better gains than the gen1. I think I recall a dyno a couple of months back ago when AEM was still doing the prototyping. Some dude's Celica here was a lab rat for the prototype and I beleive they dyno'd it, and if I remember it did better than the generation 1, getting better low and top end power.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
well, from whai can see in those crappy pics is that the gen 2 has 3 major bends in it, while the gen 1 had 4 major bends in it. It looks more like an Injen CAI now minus the huge rubber coupling for the throttle body.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I talked to teh guys at AEM for a bit last week. Among other things that have made some major changes to the intake, most notable is the position of the MAF in the new one. It is now in a straight section, the mounting block has been redesigned, and it is all being precision mounted with jigs rather than hand held and tacked like before. This should mean much lower fuel trims and no more P0171 due to bad MAF placement.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Ok if the difference is less bend in this CAI vs. the first one then it should produce better gains, when forcing air into the throttle body you want as little bends as possible, technically the straightest shot. However how much different this intake is compared to the old one as for power is,nobody knows and it probably will not be a huge differenc so thode of you with gen. 1's then save your money!!!

Justin

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.