NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I need some help. I just installed my AFC II and need some advice tunning it. I don't know anything about the knock sensor, how to tune it?

I used to have a s-afc but that was before I got my turbo on my corolla. I know the basics but have not gotten to the knock sensor jet.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
the AFC only works in open loop and even then The stock ECU will correct your changes...sorry you spent the $$$

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
???

I know that the original afc did not work because it tend to be corrected by my ECU but the afc 2 is different. I actually does work supricingly. I just need to learn knock sensor. By the way! I have a turbo and you know how most of the 1zz-fe and 1nz turn of after the BOV go off, the this has a decending fuel correction to prevent this!!!!

Please look into it...

·
Registered
868 Posts
It doesn't say anything about a new control mechanism, just added knock sensor and finer resolution map :confused:

After much anticipation, the all new SAFC II has arrived. Building upon the highly successful platform of its predecessor, the AFC II has taken the precision and flexibility of the previous generation AFC to a whole new level. New features include:

* Completely redesigned case and user interface
* Single button menu navigation
* 12 point fuel correction (previous AFC offered 8 points)
* Data storage - Store two individual correction maps and switch between the two for different driving conditions.
* Password protection
* Integrated knocking monitor
* Additional display modes

·
Registered
137 Posts
afc II what's the difference, any good anyone

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
???

I know that the other one I had issues because the computer started to make correctins, on this one it seems that the computer is not reacting to the change. I have 2zz injectors and have run them for about 8k miles and have not had issues; a buddy of mine tried 1zz injectores on his 1nz and it tripped out. It threw a check engine light!!! Both of us have basically the same computer. (Vitz and corolla are very much alike)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Why don't you throw it in the dyno and check out your numbers. If you have access to a Toyota scanner and check out the short term fuel trim and then long term fuel trim. I have done this test on a Celica with both the S-AFC I and II and the results were the same. Long term fuel trim catches up with the changes and compensates.

Richard

·
Registered
137 Posts
so any point in these apart from look good

·
Registered
137 Posts
bump on this safc 11

1 - 9 of 9 Posts