NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got mine because after I got my car boosted my car does not stop as well as before, so I went to www.rotora.com and found out they are like 30 min away from me. I schedualed an appointment and got a big brakes installed yesterday, and all I can say is wow!!! I can stop on a dime!!!
I totally recommand this big brake kit, it comes with:
Cross drilled slotted rotors
Big 4 piston caliper
metal brake line
I upgraded to Ceramic brake pads (there is no true ceramic pad so my ceramic pad is ceramic/kevlar mixture pads)
I totally recommand this on boosted celica GT, because you definately need more stopping power after turbo.

Here is the pics... Oh! the only reason why the rotors looks smaller its because I got 18" rims if you have 17" rims it would fill the rim up better. If you want bigger rotors you can also get that from Rotora, as to how much I am not sure

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Mike that was the next mod I did on my car. Went with the same rotors in the rear you have and the stoptech big brake kit up front, it's like night and day. P.S spent awhile on the phone with Mark on Fri., so far we have tried 4 computers and have tested the serial cables. We have used windows 95, 98 and Me and we still can't connect to the ECU? We have 1 ftc1 and 1 ftc1e and still can't get it to communicate with the piggyback. We even tried one on the bench hooked up to a 12v supply and a pc and still no cigar. The last option that we are going to try is downloading the r4 software of the web and see what happens. Were all scratching our heads including Mark! Could we have 2 bad cd's and 2 bad piggybacks at this point who knows.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jersey Jay said:
Mike that was the next mod I did on my car. Went with the same rotors in the rear you have and the stoptech big brake kit up front, it's like night and day. P.S spent awhile on the phone with Mark on Fri., so far we have tried 4 computers and have tested the serial cables. We have used windows 95, 98 and Me and we still can't connect to the ECU? We have 1 ftc1 and 1 ftc1e and still can't get it to communicate with the piggyback. We even tried one on the bench hooked up to a 12v supply and a pc and still no cigar. The last option that we are going to try is downloading the r4 software of the web and see what happens. Were all scratching our heads including Mark! Could we have 2 bad cd's and 2 bad piggybacks at this point who knows.
The other possibility is you got a bad unit, maybe something is wrong with it.... Have you tried the FTC1 (without the E) if it works? If not wonder what Mark did to get his laptop to communicate with the system.... Maybe some sort of setup on the computer hardware have to disable something and enable another maybe? Now I am scared... maybe I should get a laptop and install software make sure everything is working fine before going to dyno shop... I know my unit works with Marks computer if I install software onto a laptop and it will not communicate then its some setup we need to do... I will try hooking up a laptop next week see if I get any readings, if I do then something is wrong with your unit if I don't then there is something we need to do to computer Mark may have forgotten to get it working.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tikked Again said:
So how does a turbo kit cause your car to stop slower?

:) Just raggin on ya...

It's the big rims man....!!!!

Tik

Well after turbo my feet tend to be heavier, my speed is alot faster stopping quickly is harder... I tend to want to hear that BOV go so will accelerate hard even in traffic, in traffic you better be able to stop quick too :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
No clue what it is Mike, were going to download the software right off of Marks web and see what happens. Mark is at a loss himself being that we can't communicate with both piggybacks. Yea I would check and make sure that yours is working. I guess your enjoying your brake kit, post a couple of pics like coOOl said:D

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do believe there are bigger rotors you can choose, I will change to a bigger rotors later to fill up the holes but.... Caliper is only touching this little area with bigger rotors there will be certain areas that caliper will not touch would look wierd...

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Retail price is $1400, check their website for contact info and call them up. I definately recommand Ceramic brake pads upgrade, and maybe bigger rotors if you have huge wheels (if it is offered)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I definately want bigger rotors for my 18" but then that means I can not switch over to 17" or 16" rims on the tracks....
I saw their M3 with huge rotors with 6 piston calipers in front and huge rotor with 4 piston caliper in rear, it was a nice setup on that M3 (not the newer body style but older one)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
naaa everything is feels pretty normal, there is suppose to be bigger weight shift because front stop better but I can not tell.
I say go for it if you feel you need better brakes :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.