NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of installing my Ebay SRI. After taking off the stock airbox, I noticed there are a lot of extra hoses/wires going all over the place. I've got a few questions as far as what they do, and how necessary they are. I've been through the install guides which answered most of my questions as far as which ones to keep, but I wanted to know what they do exactly?

Question 1: what does this hose do? It connects from the engine to the bottom of the stock airbox. When I removed it, it hissed like it was compressed. In the install guides it said to simply cover it with a nipple cover, but I was curious what does it do?

Question 2: What do these two electrical ports do? (This is the stock airbox, turned on it's side) I know the one on the right is for the butterfly valve in the stock airbox, but what is the left one for? I saw in the other guide that they kept this piece, but what specifically does it do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
the first hose is for the butterfly valve in the airbox, and isn't needed, like you said you just plug the port it goes to on the engine. the second i'm not sure about, i can't tell what it looks like from your picture, it may be the vacuum switching valve, which i believe has something to do with the evap system, but like i said, i can't tell for sure from the picture so that may be wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.