NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a set of the aftermarket halo lights that are not the dash z ones.

Heres a pic of em

I put in some of the h1 HID bulbs from DDM and now I cannot get the projection to adjust correctly.

Heres some pics of my f***ed up pattern..

Left

Center

Right

The projector can be moved by hand and will just resort back to the awesome lazy eye look.

I don't know if there is a special trick or some screws I am overlooking. Or if they are just broken (hope not).

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Your new bulbs probably aren't tightened to the housing--probably what you mean by the projector can be moved by hands. You need to get the clip to tighten the bulb.

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the metal clip that goes across the flat part of the back of the bulb?

If so, then those ARE tight and clipped into place.

But when I move the plastic unit that the light is attached to, I can see the whole thing move, including the bubble looking part on the inside of the housing (that the light shines out of)

Thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had those same halos, my light projection started to do that.

Was gonna change bulbs but like you, the whole back of projecter would move. so i went back to oem with 5500k pure white bulbs.

But this is how you adjust them.

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You rock, that's exactly what I was looking for. The part that sucks is getting to the screws...I guess its back off with the bumper!

Well thanks again!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Actually, i think you can adjust them with a 8mm socket with a universal joint and 6 inch extension (1/4"drive). I think that's how i did it awhile back.

You don't have to take bumper all the way off if that dosen't work, Just undo top bolts and fender one's to droop bumper down abit.

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to try that when I get some free time...my bumper is pretty messed up as far as mounting bolt go..lol

But thanks for the tips...ill post what the results were :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts