NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I can drop my ride 1.4" in the front and rear for only $130. I will eventually get both, but right now I can only afford one. What would you get? Springs or CAI first?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue Bomber said:
:moved:

Depends on what you like better: handling or acceleration/sound.

Well I would like acceleration and sound better than handling, since the celica already has great handling, but the drop also makes the car look so damn good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just purchased the Tein S.tech springs brand new off ebay for a total of $150. Next check I will get my CAI. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good decision there both great but your getting both so it doesnt matter what you got. I would have gotten CAI but its the same sh*t

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good decision there both great but your getting both so it doesnt matter what you got. I would have gotten CAI but its the same sh*t

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
IMO best mods i ever did were tint, suspension and shortshifter. i would consider doing them on any car i have. the rest are car dependant and may be more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Unless you know what you're doing, installing springs in the rear may be pretty difficult as well, and you may have to pay like 300 dollars to get the springs to installed. Just a heads up, I think installation and cost should factor into your decision.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FoolioABC said:
Unless you know what you're doing, installing springs in the rear may be pretty difficult as well, and you may have to pay like 300 dollars to get the springs to installed. Just a heads up, I think installation and cost should factor into your decision.

I know how to install springs, and so do my asian ricer neighbors next door (not meant to be an insult). :p

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Excellent choice on the springs - I'm a big fan of Tein's products (use em myself in fact, but the SS coilovers not the springs)

Please be careful and take your time with the spring install. Not worth rushing things and getting hurt - compressed springs have a LOT of stored energy and can do nasty things if they get let loose all of a sudden. (Thankfully the Celica ones are under very little compression once you get them out of the vehicle)

·
Registered
435 Posts
FoolioABC said:
True, but I have a different plan. I'd like to pull the struts off myself and then run to one of the local shops to have them compress and change the springs for me on the strut, then I'll reinstall then myself. Saves money and doing the easy part myself. Good plan?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by KNanthrup
True, but I have a different plan. I'd like to pull the struts off myself and then run to one of the local shops to have them compress and change the springs for me on the strut, then I'll reinstall then myself. Saves money and doing the easy part myself. Good plan?

Or you could just rent a spring compressor, it would probably be cheaper then doing that

·
Registered
371 Posts
just rent a spring compressor (usually auto parts stores will lend em out for free if you leave a deposit) then compress the spring and then loosen the top bolt and take off... The install shouldn't be too diffficult, just make sure you have a torque wrench to torque everything to spec...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
KNanthrup said:

I did this. It helps that I have a friend who owns a shop. Cost me nothing. Plus the install was kind of fun.

Jon

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Eh - the rear struts are a bit of a whore but otherwise its a pretty easy install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts