NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AHHH!!! i got my rotors on but my brake pads wont go on! i got Axxis pads off ebay, really nice, but i cant figure out how the hell to get em on! do u i have to use the metal clips on the rotor that are on there now? from the stock pads? ehhhh i dunno wat to do, putting the rotors on was easy...please help me!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Breaks are pretty simple...Need to push back the piston with a c-clamp or they make a tool that does the same thing...if not...take it to a shop

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
LOL. Okay.

1) breathe
2) Pop the top on your brake fluid resiviour.
3) notice how easy your caliper moves now?
4) Install the metal clips (On my TRD pads they were the same size as stock) the same way they were on the stock pads.
5) Your pads are now going to be too close together to slide over the rotor because they have no wear on them. So take a c clamp and spread them enough apart so it barely slides over the caliper. Use two flat head screw drivers or pry rods if you don't have the clamps. Take both screw drivers, parallel (side by side in the same direction) and slide them in the side lengthwise until they start to show out the other side, then have someone hold the caliper as you pull the screwdrivers in opposite directions prying the pads apart.
6) Viola!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i thought our caliper pistons needed to be turned in like a screw, not just pushed in with a c-clamp....but it's been a while since i've had the calipers off, so i could be mistaken.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! my buddy helped me out, ok everythigni s on, BUT GUESS WAT!.....i put my rim bacl on and the spokes HITS THE CALIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN U BELIEVE THIS! it must be because the the brake pads are NEW! and has expanded the caliper and now the caliper hits the rim! i dunno wat to do! HELP ME GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i put my sotck rim back on, tommrorow i am going to drive it like 2mph and see if the caliper goes in? i pushed the brakes and nothing happened! wat the hell shoudl i do guys? i cant fit my rim back on!....AHHH!help me!....please!....should i put washers around the lug nuts to see if that gives me enough room? wat do u guys think i should do?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YEA MAN! dude u have no idea wat iam going throguh, this is mess, i turned on the car, my buddy watched the calipers, and i pumped the brakes, at first they were mussy but than they got hard, and the caliper did not move at all, i think i am ****ed, i have no idea wat to do. help me.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i only changed my front right rotor, nothing esle, jsut that one and when i found out the rotor hit the rim i took it off, like the rim was LOCKED on the caliper it didnt MOVE AT ALL.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they are exact replacements size everything, rotora's slotted. NOTHIGN IS DIFFERNT! dunno wat to do!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Sorry bro, I would have to look at them to see what went wrong. I would say put on your stock pads for now, or put on rims that have a deeper offset.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts