NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot which is better: having a lean or rich A/F mixture. So I'd like to ask all the PFC/Unichip/Emanage users what type of A/F mixtures are using? I'm getting a Unichip installed and dyno tuned on Friday and would like some numbers/charts/info on the type of A/F numbers you guys are running. And don't worry, I will post the dyno! :) And just to be sure, I will try to get it dynoed at the same place I had my semi-baseline dyno. :) Thanks!

BTW, my setup is listed here:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149179

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
theres an old saying for NA power: lean is mean. Lean makes power buy it drives your combustion temps up and you have to be careful with knock. If you do it you may want to bring your plugs down a heat range or two and consider running some racing gas or tolulene (sp?)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
pr0file:

When you get your car tuned with the Unichip, insist that they tune the VVTi for optimum valve overlap across all RPMs. Jack at Unichip told me that this was possible as long as it was something that the stock ECU controlled. They would just have to figure out the details when they had the car in front of them. They may not know to tune this normally because not a lot of cars have that functionality. They may only try to tune air/fuel ratio and ignition timing, and I doubt that will get you the big peak gains that the Power FC guys are getting.

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boosted2.0, thanks for the tip!

Automaton, thanks for the info!

I'm really interested in changing the low to mid range. I really need to get out of those tight turns faster! :)

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
we aimed for 13.0 for our street maps a/f ratios

and 14.0 for our race maps with race gas

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Illusive, thanks for the info! Don't you use Smaay's map? Just wondering... :)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
pr0file said:
Illusive, thanks for the info! Don't you use Smaay's map? Just wondering... :)
Nope - Smaays map is pretty different from the C.I. maps

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
My map is a good map to get people started..the CI map is made off of that tuned for race gas and sorts...then there is my FI map which yu definatly dont want to run N/A

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
^^ I don't have the Datalogit yet as it's on backorder still, but would there be a way for me to take a look at your map, Smaay? I would really appreciate it. Don't worry I won't just upload it and use it.

Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts