NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any updates how to make air intake pipes for turbokits.com 2zz kit?
Does anybody have solution how to route the pipes? Im not happy with the filter placed directly on turbo and still have not clear idea how relocate it..

·
2ZZ-GTE
695 Posts
iirc the tk.com kit has the ic piping running through the top of the bay. you would need to clock the turbo and run the pipes underneath the engine and then route a custom intake setup to the top, it's tight back there fitting 2.5'' piping is possible but can be tricky

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
and this ladies n' gents is how you sell sh*t...

But seriously, if you run the piping up and over and your comp housing faces the passenger side of the car you are out of luck trying to fit a proper intake without cutting some sheet metal.
Uh, negative sir. My turbo inlet was on the passenger side and i managed to fit in a 2.5" inlet tube up and over on my car. It fits and works.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check my old thread and take a look at "Danny_GTS" post. http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=334362 He had rotated the turbo outlet downside and air intake was routed upside. Unfortunately there are no pictures how the turbo outlet is connected to intercooler. Im affraid of it especially if I use Morosso oil pan and underpanel. Im not sure if there will be enough space.
What I can do? Rotate turbo and made new downpipe? It will be very hard to weld new one. I would preffer some bolt on solution if exists

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.