NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My airbag light has been on in my car ever since I bought it about 2.5 years ago. It doesn't blink a certain pattern but is very annoying and worries me. I replaced both airbags just in case but the light still is flashing.

I found the SRS system reset procedure via the OBD port but before I do that I want to see what is wrong with my system. All the airbags were tested before I bought them and they are installed correctly and I do not have the side airbags.

I searched the forums and went trough the complete SRS section of the manuals and electric diagrams and couldn't find this. The picture below shows the piece I'm talking about. The yellow plug in the kick panel on the driver side and passenger side are both empty with no plug in sight. Any ideas on what should be plugged in here???

·
Registered
340 Posts
get a code scanner that can do ABS and airbag codes. That will send you exactly where you need to go for the airbag light. I'm not sure if there's something that needs to be plugged into that connector....

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I looked to see how to reset the light and I found that you have to alternate OBD2 ports TC and AB. Looked up the OBD2 pinout and found TC but it doesn't show anything about AB so I won't be able to reset it that way unless somebody knows which pin it is.

Pin Signal Description
2 J1850 Bus+
4 CGND Chassis ground
5 SGND Signal ground
6 CAN High J-2284
7 K-LINE (ISO 9141-2 and ISO/DIS 14230-4)
10 J1850 Bus-
13 TC Timing check – ignition advance angle adjustment or ABS slow codes out
14 CAN Low J-2284
15 ISO 9141-2 L-LINE (ISO 9141-2 and ISO/DIS 14230-4)
16 +12v Battery power

Using this picture

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody know how to do the reset?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you 2way! Blinking light is gone and no codes read from the airbag system

·
Registered
95 Posts
Need help!!!
Airbag light on after accident, replace both seat belt n passenger airbag, Driver side no airbag cos aftermarket steering wheel.

But airbag light still on. Both front collision sensor replaced. What else is need to be replace?

Or I should try the reset method taught in the repair manual?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts