NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alarm install: alternative to the "ACC2" wire?

in my alarm manual, i needed to connect of one the wires to the "ACC2" and according to the celica wiring description the "ACC2" is not available. is there an alternative?

my alarm wire diagram:

wiring description:

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,531 Posts
Search is your friend;-)
2way said:
| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION |
| 12V|blk/red & white |+ |ignition harness |
| STARTER|black/white |+ |ignition harness |
| IGNITION|black/orange *1 |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND IGNITION|blue/red *4 |+ |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY|gray |+ |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK|brown |- |passenger kick or BCM *2 |
| POWER UNLOCK|yellow/black |- |passenger kick or BCM *2 |
| LOCK MOTOR|blue/white | |driver kick or BCM *2 |
| UNLOCK MOTOR|blue | |driver kick or BCM *2 |
| DISARM DEFEAT|blue/red | |passenger kick or BCM *2 |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|use the (-) wire | | |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|lt. green | |steering column |
| HEADLIGHTS|red/blue |- |steering column |
| DOOR TRIGGER|red/white *3 |- |drivers kick |
| DOME SUPERVISION|red/white |- |driver kick |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|lt. green |- |trunk light or BCM *2 |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM|arms with lock | | |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|disarms with unlock | | |
| TACHOMETER|brown/white | |rear of instrument cluster |
| SPEED SENSE|white/red | |rear of instrument cluster |
| BRAKE WIRE|green/white |+ |brake switch |
| HORN TRIGGER|blue/black |- |steering column or BCM *2 |
| WIPERS|blu/yel & blu/orn |+ |steering column |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|green - red | |power window switch |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|blue - wht/blu | |power window switch |
| SUN RF OPN/CLOSE|not recommended | | |
| RADIO 12V|blue/yellow |+ |radio |
| RADIO GROUND|brown |- |radio |
| RADIO SWITCH|gray |+ |radio |
| RADIO ILLUMINATE|green |+ |radio |

Notes:
*1 When doing remote start, this wire must be isolated from the keyswitch with the ignition relay. *2 The BCM is located just to the right side of the radio. Remove the radio to access. *3 To avoid dome light delay, use red/yellow at the driver door pin for the driver door and red at the passenger door pin for the passenger door. Isolate each door trigger with diodes. Also available @ BCM *4 There are 2 blue/red wires in the ignition harness. The correct ignition wire is the heavier gauge one and it has 1 silver hash mark. The incorrect wire has 2 silver hash marks.
In reference to Note 1.. see this: http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1077.pdf
Your print shows that you can use IGN 2 by jumper select.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2way said:
Search is your friend;-)

Your print shows that you can use IGN 2 by jumper select.
it is neccessary even though i don't want to setup the remote start??

my alarm has a remote start included, but i'm skipping connecting the wires that has anything to do with the remote start besides the main connections like the ground, acc, ignition, etc or should i just follow the instructions and just don't bypass the clutch... ?

i don't think i'll have this much trouble if my alarm didn't include the remote start, i did fine installing just an alarm/keyless entry in my integra..

btw my alarm is a crimstopper cs-2011DP

here's the pdf manual, if you think i should follow every step...
http://crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/ComboSystem/cs2011_2016dp_30option_ins.pdf

·
15,531 Posts
LOL... that is an OUTPUT..... that is selectable by the jumper... basically +12V is provided @ 30A either on crank, ignition, or accessory...

If no remote start.. you won't need:
Wht/Red - Tach
Wht - Brake
Grn
Orn
Orn/Blk
& anything to do with the parking brake or clutch.

& If you get stuck... I'm not that far away... I'll charge you a nominal fee... of course;)

·
15,531 Posts
Feed it to anything you want to turn on by any of those 3 methods:
2way said:
LOL... that is an OUTPUT..... that is selectable by the jumper... basically +12V is provided @ 30A either on crank, ignition, or accessory...
or just leave it insulated.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can't seem to find the door trigger wire red/white, where the lock/unlock harness (driver kick panel) is... any idea?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
redlinee46s3 said:
Look harder, it's there.
i see a red/white wire but it's not within the same harness as the lock/unlock wires... i splice it, connected to the alarm trigger wire, & it doesn't work.

the light green wire under the steering column, i spliced it and connected it to the alarm it doesnt seem to light up when i unlock/lock the car...

so far everything works fine... except for the 2 minor issues..

·
15,531 Posts
The Red/Wht referred to is actually the common DOME output... see the notes in my previous post. It should be going to a neg trigger. Parking lights... make sure your using the negative output.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2way said:
The Red/Wht referred to is actually the common DOME output... see the notes in my previous post. It should be going to a neg trigger. Parking lights... make sure your using the negative output.
i've seen 2 red/white wire for the door trigger in the kick panel, i spliced the one closest to the door lock/unlock harness located on the right side, & that didn't work..

i'm using the (-) light green wire to attach to the alarms negative parking light output & doesn't work.. i tried splicing other wires within the same harness, i got the turn signal to light up, but rather have the parking light on...

·
15,531 Posts
flyimages said:
i've seen 2 red/white wire for the door trigger in the kick panel, i spliced the one closest to the door lock/unlock harness located on the right side, & that didn't work..
Yep.. tells ya right in the text... you need to set for negative parking lights.

The Red/Wht you want is paired with only 1 other wire... is further back in the kickpanel & goes up the A pillar to the dome light.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
flyimages said:
i think i found the solution for the parking lights not working.. i gotta set jumper settings

alright tried the jumpers no luck... is there alternative parking ligh located near the fuse in the drivers side in the engine area???

·
15,531 Posts
Huh??

You want the control wire to the car's parking light relay... inside: PARKING LIGHTS -|lt. green | |steering column ...

If you have a voltmeter or test light.. you can verify it by turning the lights on & off...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2way said:
Huh??

You want the control wire to the car's parking light relay... inside: PARKING LIGHTS -|lt. green | |steering column ...

If you have a voltmeter or test light.. you can verify it by turning the lights on & off...
i connected the negative parking light output to the lt grn located where the steering column it doesn't work.. i tried the other wires in the same harness, the only light i got to turn on/off with the alarm is the passenger side turn signal.

·
15,531 Posts
It's a light green wire that goes to pin 14 of the light control switch...on the steering column. When pulled to ground, it operates the TAIL relay. Make sure you didn't blow any fuses & your parking lights still work. Check your connections, as well.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
instead of using my parking lights.. i think i rather use my L+R turn signals to flash, how would i wire that up? requires a relay?

·
15,531 Posts
Stick w/the parking lights... its easier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts